IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Tony Barhorst (Offline)
  #11 12/6/13 8:55 PM
I saw the bad news on my phone while in Fort Wayne...I am shocked and saddened. Dwayne was a great promoter of the sport. I think of him at the Micro Meetings at the Indy Circle Track Swap Meet, and appreciate his invitation to them.

Dwayne was a fine advisor to our Rumble 600 events. I had many conversations this year with him about our rules, and his ideas are incorporated in them. This years 600 events will be dedicated to his memory. He helped us out lending tech equipment, and at the events on tech. I really enjoyed my conversations with him.

He was always at Kokomo with a smile on his face. He was on this board on a regular basis. He obviously loved short track racing. We are going to miss him.

My thoughts are with Connie and the Miami County Speedway family and friends.

#Godspeed Dwayne.

Tony Barhorst
rumbleseries.com
5 Likes: AustinSprinter, mscs20, racegal, Tim Bookmiller, Tony74
Tim Bookmiller (Offline)
  #12 12/6/13 10:40 PM
What Icon to mini sprint -modifies midget -600 ,s 250,s or what class it may have been called ol Mack could proudly say BTDT and was a tribute to the sport ....will be missed by all but never forgotten- RIP -and condolences to all the family ..a great man that contributed more than we know to the sport..and always a happy face at the pit gate
Todd Kimmel (Offline)
  #13 12/7/13 7:58 AM
My thoughts are with Connie and their entire family at this sad time. Dwayne was a great guy that poured his heart and soul into that race track and Peru will never be the same without him. Hopefully they can figure out a way to keep his name alive.

RIP Dwayne. You will be greatly missed.

Todd, Butch, And Lucinda Kimmel
Danny Williams Sr. (Offline)
  #14 12/7/13 9:51 AM
Connie,

Sorry to hear about Dwayne's passing. I always enjoyed seeing you two at Gas City and at the Circle Track Expo. The racing community will miss Dwayne.

The Williams family will have you and your family in our prayers this Christmas.

God bless you & your family
mowerman (Offline)
  #15 12/7/13 10:56 AM
Our thoughts are with the Macintire family. RIP Dwayne. Bob and Monica
popham (Offline)
  #16 12/7/13 11:37 AM
My family raced micro's, mini sprints ever since the 1950's in illinois, and Indiana. Dwayne was always friendly and one of the first to greet you at the track or swap meets, he will be missed. The Popham Family
rightrear (Offline)
  #17 12/7/13 1:42 PM
He will be missed.
KohKoh (Offline)
  #18 12/7/13 2:28 PM
Mac will be greatly missed. R.I.P. & God Speed Mac.
Connie, Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
God Bless
George & Tammy Gamester
and the Entire Gamester Family
AustinSprinter (Offline)
  #19 12/7/13 6:25 PM
Thoughts & Prayers...Godspeed!!.........