IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
REH24 (Offline)
  #11 9/9/13 8:06 PM
Article from Yahoo Sports on NASCAR's decision:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-sour...0--nascar.html

REH

"Don't let your life determine your attitude, let your attitude determine your life"

“Sight has to do with what we can see, but vision has to do with what we can be.”
KMS2683 (Offline)
  #12 9/9/13 8:31 PM
Originally Posted by interpreter66:
wwe
Exactly! What do people expect with fake entertainment!!!!
2 Likes: dirt330, team3521
dirt330 (Offline)
  #13 9/9/13 8:44 PM
Would nascar handed down the same IF it was the 24,48, or 88 ?
3 Likes: bowbuild, Mud Packer, Xflagman
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #14 9/9/13 8:45 PM
Simple, get rid of the Chase Format and let people race for the championship all season, Not to get in the chase.

Charles Nungester
15 Likes: babcock14d, Bobv, bowbuild, dirt330, erich45, FALCONEDDIE, ffrid, IndyBound, luckybuc97, Mud Packer, Red Hat, slick01, sprint83, sw1911, team3521
cbaumeyer48 (Offline)
  #15 9/9/13 11:06 PM
Let me say first...dirt330....what did 24, 48,and 88 have to do with this??After 17.5 years of customer service experience.... Watch Bowyer in the post race interview ... He is exhibiting so many symptoms of some one who is lying ( I also worked in law enforcement for 3 yrs), that its rediculous. He looks to the left then around the reporter.....busted big time!!!! I like Bowyer...old school short track dirt racer, but he did what he was instructed! It's ashame what NASCAR has come to. But I'm happy NASCAR did step up and do something.
2 Likes: Roy Bleckert, TQ29m
JstAbvVMC (Offline)
  #16 9/9/13 11:19 PM
My 30 years of police work told me Bower was not comfortable at all during that interview. I thought that was very telling when you put all the rest of the evidence together. To me, Bower did what he was ordered to do and he wasn't real happy about doing it. My opinion....

To the rest of MWR, you all just got spanked big time......Oh Well
Shawn (Offline)
  #17 9/10/13 7:58 AM
I don't always agree with you, Chuck, but you hit this one right on the head. The Chase should be gone...

As a side note, I am impressed that NASCAR stepped up and did something about it. The sad thing is that I am impressed because they never usually do anything, but maybe a slap on the wrist. On top of that, they are one of the most inconsistent organizations out there. That was even proven this weekend with the lack of restart penalties in both races at Richmond. They've penalized drivers because of bad restarts before, even costing them the race, but chose not to penalize at Richmond. Next week, they might penalize....you never know.
Midget 89 (Offline)
  #18 9/10/13 9:58 AM
Originally Posted by KMS2683:
Exactly! What do people expect with fake entertainment!!!!
I wish they would give us the script before the race so we could decide which parts, if any, we want to watch.

#19 9/10/13 10:07 AM
Dirt 330, nothing, the 24 was in over the 22 when the spin happened.
Fun watching a very determined Newman drive to the lead.
midgetmaniac (Offline)
  #20 9/10/13 4:20 PM
Nascar did the right thing except they should have went further and put the 24 in the chase. I am of the belief that they should do away with the chase completely. I think it is possible that a team could come from 13th to win the championship with the old format. Here's one guy hoping that a team from 13th on back , gets on a hot streak and blows this chase thing all up. Highly unlikely that a team could do it , but it is possible. I probably will not be watching a lot of Nascar the rest of the year.