IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
mortboyz
  #11 7/22/13 5:06 PM
Sounds like your neighbor may be one who pizzes and moans about the crooked bleachers at Gas City.....good luck.
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, cjaxx1987, fish, racefan20, scottyCbus, speed bump, wolfpack58
cmiracingvids (Offline)
  #12 7/22/13 5:20 PM
Yea, I agree. Move!! Neighbors like that won't stop until you're gone...

Posted via Mobile Device
captrat (Offline)
  #13 7/22/13 5:25 PM
I would also politely point out to the mayor's office the economic impact of racing on Indy. I believe there have been campaigns by the city's economic development people to attract more racing oriented businesses. This seems a contradiction, and should be a way to compromise.
5 Likes: jim goerge, K9Racer, KENDALLRACING, Midget 89, Tony74
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #14 7/22/13 5:30 PM
Well considering the Race car isn't a titled automobile. Any ordinance about maintaining recreational equipment? That or just fire it up at 4am a couple times......

Charles Nungester
robert gatten (Offline)
  #15 7/22/13 5:45 PM
When you sing the National Anthem, one line says "land of the free". well lately the wording should be. "land that once was free" and the home of the brave!!! It still fits with the music. Try building a play house in your back yard and see how fast the inspectors come out to see your" blue prints and permit".
Checker'd Past (Offline)
  #16 7/22/13 5:59 PM
Originally Posted by mortboyz:
Sounds like your neighbor may be one who pizzes and moans about the crooked bleachers at Gas City.....good luck.
Great post, Morty!
streetglider (Offline)
  #17 7/22/13 6:14 PM
Moving may not be plausible for Steve & Carla, have you seen the housing market lately? Can you imagine trying to fund a team out of their own pockets AND taking a hit on the house just to appease some snooty neighbor? Keep up the fight Steve !!!!
4 Likes: jim goerge, KENDALLRACING, luckybuc97, scottyCbus
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #18 7/22/13 6:20 PM
No bitc#in from me, action only. Call Rollie Helmling , he runs the states Motorsports Division, of the Economic Development Commission.This is the one person to talk to.His numbers are:317-232 8800 or 317- 232- 8894.

I hope this helps. Why deal with local politicians, make it a state issue.
15 Likes: Charles Nungester, dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, K9Racer, KENDALLRACING, luckybuc97, mtek56, Panama, scottyCbus, speed bump, STIDA.com, STP, team3521, TQ97
STIDA.com (Offline)
  #19 7/22/13 6:48 PM
I would call Rollie also. He will at least point you in the right direction.

Originally Posted by racephoto1:
No bitc#in from me, action only. Call Rollie Helmling , he runs the states Motorsports Division, of the Economic Development Commission.This is the one person to talk to.His numbers are:317-232 8800 or 317- 232- 8894.

I hope this helps. Why deal with local politicians, make it a state issue.
Posted via Mobile Device
3 Likes: jim goerge, koolaid89
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #20 7/22/13 8:20 PM
We fire the car twice a year on the street out front, Josh goes door to door and lets the neighbors know when we are doing it and if it is going to cause problems what day works for them. The car does not see the street again unless we have a problem then Josh starts all over again with the neighbors, no problem what so ever. We park the trailer in the side yard on a gravel pad again no problem what so ever as a matter of fact they had offered to go to bat for us in the event the city says something.

Jerry
6 Likes: backstretchdave, jim goerge, speed bump, team3521, Tim Watson
Closed Thread