IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Drtchsr (Offline)
  #11 8/12/12 10:16 PM
Four good "B" mains. Features to go yet.

Posted via Mobile Device
Steve Wendel (Offline)
  #12 8/12/12 10:36 PM
They have updates on twitter or facebook,go to the powri site and click on one of those!
Drtchsr (Offline)
  #13 8/12/12 10:55 PM
Rico spun leading went to the back and came back to win by a third of a lap. It was a win or crah show for Rico in the Kunz 67.

Posted via Mobile Device
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #14 8/13/12 6:16 AM
Rico Abreau leads early then spins and does a 360. Restarts last and slidejobs his way back to the front! Wins over Daniel Robinson,and Brett Anderson,who were battling for 2nd,and Robinson nipped Anderson at the wire,then Andrew Felker in 4th. The drive thru the field from Rico was way more exciting than I can tell you about here!

Pretty good night of midget racing. Lots of cars,great racing, Good night socially as well sitting amongst friends at my favorite midget track.
8 Likes: BrentTFunk, Drtchsr, luckybuc97, Mud Packer, Red Hat, ronmil, Vukie
mortboyz
  #15 8/13/12 12:54 PM
Have to admit, I never thought Rico would be able to get back to the front after his spin. But he proved me wrong and drove like a madman and did a heckuva job.
Hope Chet Gherke and Sean Kirkpatrick are doing OK today after a couple o nasty tumbles.
The racing was good, the beer was cold and as usual, we had a great time.
4 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, luckybuc97, Red Hat, ronmil
racefan20 (Offline)
  #16 8/13/12 1:37 PM
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn:
Rico Abreau leads early then spins and does a 360. Restarts last and slidejobs his way back to the front! Wins over Daniel Robinson,and Brett Anderson,who were battling for 2nd,and Robinson nipped Anderson at the wire,then Andrew Felker in 4th. The drive thru the field from Rico was way more exciting than I can tell you about here!

Pretty good night of midget racing. Lots of cars,great racing, Good night socially as well sitting amongst friends at my favorite midget track.
6 : 16AM is that when you got home or when you woke up?

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
  #17 8/13/12 1:57 PM
I got home at 2:45am and got up at 5:45 am. I posted after a shower and trying to clear cobwebs out!!

Little Belleville is the only place I will sacrifice sleep to go watch a race,and go to work the next day. I'm glad POWRi ran the midgets first,so I got out and on the road home at 10PM their time.

I was going to go in late,but my work schedule got changed a bit,so it was lack of sleep for a night.

So for the Arnie Knepper race I have
1 Back in the day,was willing to gamble that a Knoxville qualifying night would get rained out,and went to Little Belleville on a 100 degree day instead. My gamble paid off,Kville rained out that night.

2 Quit my job when the boss wouldnt give me time off to go there.

3 Gone to work after minimal sleep to go watch the Arnie Knepper memorial.

Can you tell yet how much I like Little Belleville?

The only letdown yesterday was the fair rides shutting down at 6PM. The rides going with all the lights on adds to the atmosphere there for the race,at least for me. I call it the "Fonzie factor" as the place is so 1950s looking that the first time I went there for the fair race it seemed to be like a scene from Happy Days,and that Fonzie should be pulling in on his bike at any moment.
5 Likes: btar, DAD, Mud Packer, ronmil
mowerman (Offline)
  #18 8/13/12 3:59 PM
You left too early Andrew , Debbie and Randal stayed till 2 am . Debbie even had a couple of Monica's race track late night coffee .
ronmil (Offline)
  #19 8/13/12 4:17 PM
Thoroughly enjoyable evening! Drove up to the 17th Street Bar and Grill for some of their great beef brisket, arrived at just the right time to get a good seat on the front stretch and see all of the practice. Eleven heats, five "B" mains and two features adds up to eighteen races for fifteen bucks! Hard to beat that and the weather couldn't have been much better.
ASQ, I agree that the lights from the rides do add a dimension to the atmosphere. I was surprised that they shut down so early.

Ron Miller
  #20 8/13/12 5:00 PM
Originally Posted by mowerman:
You left too early Andrew , Debbie and Randal stayed till 2 am . Debbie even had a couple of Monica's race track late night coffee .
Some of us have to work to pay into Social Security for the retiree's!!

Debbie must be getting warmed up for the late night Gold Crown fun and games we heard about last night.