IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
wildman92 (Offline)
  #11 6/24/12 5:09 PM
As a rabid Hoosier fan you will never hear me cheer for Purdue. I will boo them just for wearing a PU jersey, no matter how nice or how good they are.

I never want to see a driver get hurt but I certainly have those who I root for and root against. It's part of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jen Kelley (she/her)
5 Likes: fasterthanu, jim goerge, monkeyboy, sprintgal
illiNOISE (Offline)
  #12 6/24/12 5:10 PM
This doesn't just happen with Sprint Car racing. I saw it this past Friday night when Billy Moyer won the SummerNationals late model show at Tri City. Booing one of the cleanest, most accomplished drivers in the history of the sport is both illogical and ignorant.

Even Roman Chariots ran non-wing, and on dirt. Hail Caesar!
dirtlover (Offline)
  #13 6/24/12 5:12 PM
I am booing this thread!!
5 Likes: addictedtodirt, Charles Nungester, LittleRube, ossuks
nailer (Offline)
  #14 6/24/12 6:39 PM
The Ti-City deal is a little different.

Didn't Moyer take the local racer out getting there?

Posted via Mobile Device
robert gatten (Offline)
  #15 6/24/12 7:19 PM
Sammy deserves to be booed, most of the time, ha.
7 Likes: Ch138, fasterthanu, interpreter66, jim goerge, oppweld, rclaridge
CRA91 (Online)
  #16 6/24/12 7:42 PM
Originally Posted by robert gatten:
Sammy deserves to be booed, most of the time, ha.
Now why would you pick on such a clean driver and out going guy.

Terry James Jr.
Chubs Peterson (Offline)
  #17 6/24/12 7:43 PM
Booing is just part of it. I would be more worried if they didnt make any noise (cheer or boo) when they announce my name.
2 Likes: Chastain75, racephoto1
CRA91 (Online)
  #18 6/24/12 8:11 PM
When I worked with Lealand McSpadden back in the late 80's and early 90's we were fortunate enough to win quite a few races at Ascot and people started to boo us after a win,we would just chuckle about it and say,well at least they knew we were there and we was taking the money home and they weren't.If people are booing you for something bad that you did on track,that's one thing,but if they are booing you because you are winning a lot you just can't let it get to you as that is part of this game and everyone has the right to express their feelings,good or bad.

Terry James Jr.
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, Rex W.
Gee2 (Offline)
  #19 6/24/12 8:13 PM
I think people forget sometimes that racing is our entertainment, ya I get a kick outta the guy in the stands ( we all have seen him) that continuously flips off the driver he doesnt like lap after lap after lap as if the driver can see it, that cracks me up. I dont agree with the boo's but if the fan pays the ticket price he can boo or whatever just like at any sporting event. Like at any sporting event I get upset when the people around me start using the "F" bomb and talking like sailors to their least favorite driver or team when my boys are with me.
KKinser99 (Offline)
  #20 6/24/12 8:34 PM
"It doesn’t matter if fans boo or cheer, as long as they’re making noise" Dale Earnhardt, Sr.
2 Likes: SteveD