IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #11 5/23/12 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
it will be a hit if they dont add a support class. If they add a support class and start getting out late then it will surely fail.
watch and see....prolly feature only
bmemmer (Offline)
  #12 5/23/12 12:36 PM
I would like to have a support class!! Midgets!!!

Posted via Mobile Device
10 Likes: Avon Open Wheel fan, Charles Nungester, Claybird33, Kansasdirtfan, Michael#81, mowerman, ronmil, ROSS, VSneader2, Wallsracing
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #13 5/23/12 1:28 PM
They could do a lower budget deal for the Midget/Mini-Sprint/Focus guys, like Montpelier is doing.

Posted via Mobile Device
hairracer44 (Offline)
  #14 5/23/12 1:33 PM
Open Wheel Thursday!!!! Now There's and Idea....
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #15 5/23/12 1:56 PM
let's see...

Another day for sprint car drivers to make money!!!!!! HOOORAY!!!!

then...

another way for a low budget support class driver to make money...YOURE CONDEMNED TO HELL JOE SPIKER!!!

just seeing if I have the right mindset for this

:::::shaking my head::::::

Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 1:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:42 PM ----------

and yes I'm still going to support this venture because this has been years in the making. someone to have the gumption to bring back "Thursday night thunder" so to speak.

this should succeed

Posted via Mobile Device
Avon Open Wheel fan (Offline)
  #16 5/23/12 3:44 PM
Like I posted earlier there are a few gaps in a program if we run sprints only.

They could run a support heat race or two after qualifying. Then another couple after the last sprint heat race and then the support class feature after the B main for the sprints. I do not think it should slow the show down that much. They can line up the sprint cars so they are ready to push off right after the support race is over. 16th Street Speedway ran both midgets and legends on several occasions and the show always got over fast.
racefan20 (Offline)
  #17 5/23/12 3:53 PM
Originally Posted by Avon Open Wheel fan:
Like I posted earlier there are a few gaps in a program if we run sprints only.

They could run a support heat race or two after qualifying. Then another couple after the last sprint heat race and then the support class feature after the B main for the sprints. I do not think it should slow the show down that much. They can line up the sprint cars so they are ready to push off right after the support race is over. 16th Street Speedway ran both midgets and legends on several occasions and the show always got over fast.
Your memory must be failing you. I went to almost every race at the ol ballpark and many of them lasted well into the night. I remember fireworks at 1:30 AM several times. My question is WHY do you all seem to want support classes when most times people are complaining about the support classes. Here we have someone who is giving us what most people have been asking for and for some of you its still not good enough. thats all I am saying. Flame me if you want but I just dont get it.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #18 5/23/12 5:14 PM
Support classes are a financial support class for the promoters back (PIT) gate. Without them the promoter has to rely on general admission and food sales to make good on their investment.

There are reasons why tracks close down... not enough money coming in to make it worth the investment is one of them for sure.

My question is if there is NO support class but the promoter really needs the extra support group... would fans pay double or triple the amount they pay now to attend a race without a support group. I think I "NO" the answer.

I'm for whatever keeps tracks open... Pays racers more... and makes fans mad.

5 Likes: Avon Open Wheel fan, ByronMack, DunaganRacing, Hotshoe65s, TQ29m
racefan20 (Offline)
  #19 5/23/12 5:20 PM
Bill if they intended to have a support class then it should have been announced that way. I agree with what you are saying but it was announced as sprints only so he evidently thought he could pay the purse from the front and back gate when he announced it. Dont ya think?

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #20 5/23/12 5:24 PM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
Bill if they intended to have a support class then it should have been announced that way. I agree with what you are saying but it was announced as sprints only so he evidently thought he could pay the purse from the front and back gate when he announced it. Dont ya think?
Yes, John... It was announced with no support class and to my knowledge that hasn't changed.

I believe there has been some " what if " discussions but like I said... to my knowledge nothing has changed.

I like it when you get fired up... It makes me laugh and lord knows I need that.