IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
aXe (Offline)
  #11 2/28/12 10:42 PM
Where are the Midgets ?
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #12 2/28/12 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
We wont know how long the mod feature lasted because most of us will be on our way home when it is running
You might find out if they happen to run the modified feature first John.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
3 Likes: openwheelfan1, PIT CART, racephoto1
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #13 2/28/12 11:56 PM
Here's hoping that this is the first step in bringing this legendary track and the crowds back. Yeah there are support classes, but how can the fact that a promotional team with experience and a track record of success being given a multi-year contract be viewed as anything but a positive?
9 Likes: 500BOMBER, dirtball, dirtnonwingfan, fish, Mud Packer, racefan20, SHORTBUS
racefan20 (Offline)
  #14 2/29/12 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by mud packer:
you might find out if they happen to run the modified feature first john.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #15 2/29/12 12:05 AM
I know the O'Conners and Sargeant have worked for 2 years to pull this deal off, and at last they have. Reese O'Conners magic with track prep there has paid off lately. It should be a great season at THAT this year.

PS, I enjoy the Mods there too. Just too bad Ray Humphreys isn't running there anymore. He was tough there.
3 Likes: babcock14d, Joe Whisler, Redwood17257
Hotshoe65s (Offline)
  #16 2/29/12 4:00 AM
Yeah the track was just doing sooooooo great without the support classes the last few years. I don't know why they need them. Heck the track was doing so great without them that it was almost closed up. All because the Terre Haute bank couldn't hold anymore of their endless piles of money. (complete sarcasm).

They have support classes because people like them and it helps tracks turn a profit or break even. Maybe you personally dont like support classes, but a lot of people actually like to watch more than one form of racing in the same night. More racing for their money.
I for one can't wait to watch both classes on opening night. Will be making the ten minute trip from school.

And I agree some needs to put Ray Humprey in a car for the Terre Haute races.

Posted via Mobile Device
5 Likes: babcock14d, bighd0522, PJ Wright, racephoto1, rataz
miledirt (Offline)
  #17 2/29/12 8:56 AM
A track can easily run support classes and still get fans out at a decent time, especially when THAT relies (some) upon fans who will be drive anywhere from 1.5 to 3 hours away. Pevely does it, Haubstadt does it... just keep the show moving. No 30 minute intermissions with nothing happening on the track
5 Likes: dirtball, PJ Wright, racephoto1, rataz, SPRINTCAR
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #18 2/29/12 9:18 AM
1 support class and some of you people whine. Ah ha ha ha ha. UMP Modifieds are the headline class at a lot of tracks across the Midwest.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
illinisprintfan (Offline)
  #19 2/29/12 9:46 AM
Originally Posted by miledirt:
A track can easily run support classes and still get fans out at a decent time, especially when THAT relies (some) upon fans who will be drive anywhere from 1.5 to 3 hours away. Pevely does it, Haubstadt does it... just keep the show moving. No 30 minute intermissions with nothing happening on the track
Is it UMP rules, or just something that is done at Haubstadt that they put a time limit on modified heat and B-main races?
Spi-nex (Offline)
  #20 2/29/12 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by illinisprintfan:
Is it UMP rules, or just something that is done at Haubstadt that they put a time limit on modified heat and B-main races?
Time Limits are not a "UMP rule," but tracks are allowed to run the show how they see fit. Time limits are becoming the norm across the country. A good move IMHO.
6 Likes: 500BOMBER, dirtball, ISF, jim goerge, racephoto1, rataz