IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
miledirt (Offline)
  #11 1/15/12 8:29 PM
Originally Posted by ruts n guts:
Just a question, not at all a shot. But does Kevin Swindell run anything other than the Chili Bowl? Obviously he has one track figured out but I'd like to see how good he really is by running a national series of some sort.

Posted via Mobile Device
I think it's more about Sammy having something figured out related to the engineering of the car specific for that track than it is Kevin having something figured out about driving the track. Just my opinion though
rachasin (Offline)
  #12 1/16/12 12:01 AM
HEY Drtchsr, Good to meet u wish was In that seat I sold u!!! I rented a rv spot a lot closer for next yr. Races were like u said, I like racing in Jan!!!! Hope to see u at more races. Headed for the desert CANYON HERE WE COME!!!

BOB

Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: AustinSprinter, IndyBound
apexonephoto (Offline)
  #13 1/16/12 7:07 AM
Originally Posted by ruts n guts:
Duh, now that you mention it I do remember him running arca.

Posted via Mobile Device
He didn't run any K&N East race at all in 2011. Last season he ran the ARCA race at Daytona and finished 12th. He also ran the Nationwide race at Dover in Trevor Bayne's car and finished 31st. He got wrecked under caution, but I seem to remember him doing well.

Otherwise he doesn't race nearly as often as many open wheel guys do.
SpfldMile (Offline)
  #14 1/16/12 11:21 AM
It was my first Chili Bowl, and I loved it. I just think the whole atmosphere and excitement was great. I would have liked to see a challenge for the lead also, but give credit where credit is due. The Swindell group has got something figured out, whether it be chassis, or motor, or both. I know they are good drivers, but there are alot of good drivers there. Someone else can step up and build a race specific car and maybe have some success. Methanol fumes and dirt flyin in January, you gotta love it.

For those about to rock, we salute you.
huskermudd (Offline)
  #15 1/16/12 11:52 AM
thats the problem Midget racing is all ready to expensive for the payouts and the chili bowl is going the wrong way with the purpose built cars and motors the swindels cars are not legal to run any where else but the chili bowl put them in a level playing field and then lets see how they do.
DAD (Offline)
  #16 1/16/12 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by huskermudd:
thats the problem Midget racing is all ready to expensive for the payouts and the chili bowl is going the wrong way with the purpose built cars and motors the swindels cars are not legal to run any where else but the chili bowl put them in a level playing field and then lets see how they do.
Think ol "SMOKE" didn't come loaded for Bear. Stop looking for cheaters and watch how they (Sammy and Kevin) attack the track.
Sammy works that bearm to perfection lap in and lap out. If you want to make it even take away the bearm.

Honest Dad himself
huskermudd (Offline)
  #17 1/16/12 12:09 PM
that was the worst i have seen the track in the 17 years i have been going to the chili bowl big rut in turn 1 and ruff all over

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Originally Posted by DAD:
Think ol "SMOKE" didn't come loaded for Bear. Stop looking for cheaters and watch how they (Sammy and Kevin) attack the track.
Sammy works that bearm to perfection lap in and lap out. If you want to make it even take away the bearm.

Honest Dad himself
there not cheating because there are no rules but not every one can afford to build a special car for this race heck I could attack the track in one of there cars
gtownplowboy (Offline)
  #18 1/16/12 1:29 PM
My first chili bowl too. Loved it. One thing I did notice was the Swindells were pitted with a shock company. Every time the cars would be pushed thru the pits they would put covers on the front coil overs to get thru the pits. Then a guy would take the covers off as they were being pushed down the ramp out of the pits. Obvious trick pieces that they wanted no spying eyes on. soon as car comes off the track covers went back on before it was pushed back to their pits. Sure thats not all of it but probably one reason they could go after that berm with the confidence they did.
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #19 1/16/12 2:13 PM
As much as I do not care for the Swindell's, guess what, my money is already on them for next year.

c47 (Offline)
  #20 1/16/12 2:22 PM
Originally Posted by gtownplowboy:
My first chili bowl too. Loved it. One thing I did notice was the Swindells were pitted with a shock company. Every time the cars would be pushed thru the pits they would put covers on the front coil overs to get thru the pits. Then a guy would take the covers off as they were being pushed down the ramp out of the pits. Obvious trick pieces that they wanted no spying eyes on. soon as car comes off the track covers went back on before it was pushed back to their pits. Sure thats not all of it but probably one reason they could go after that berm with the confidence they did.
just a psych to distract attention.
the cars are purpose built and there is nothing on them that cant be bought by anyone. assembling and setting them up....well. thats a totally different story.
kevin is benefiting tremendously from sammys incredible knowledge of knowing what needs to be done and exactly when to do it.
IMO....very light cars, very drivable motors, very smart setup guy....and a buttload of luck.
2 Likes: 48modracer, Kansasdirtfan