IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #11 1/14/12 3:34 PM
More quality from fox. It was better before they bought it to promote their other interests.
3 Likes: jim goerge, Mud Packer, ronmil
flatout (Offline)
  #12 1/14/12 3:39 PM
They have a special on the Hooter's Girls tonight before the supercross race Step up from the UFC.

But in all seriousness, Speed went downhill as soon as Fox bought them to fill in the required hours of NASCAR broadcasting to fullfil their television rights contract.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, Mud Packer
sprntr (Offline)
  #13 1/14/12 4:08 PM
If it wasn't for SpeedNews & the F1 races I wouldn't watch Speed at all. Just more Nascar.
And when NBC gets done with Versus that will be another one to remove from my favorites list.
Maybe we need to start a pool to create a new All Open-Wheel Channel!
USAC, WoO, All-Stars, Must See, IndyCar, F1, SuperMods & SCCA. Even Formula Vee would be more entertaining than Plmp My Ride or Nascar!
9 Likes: dirt330, duel, I Miss Manzy, Mud Packer, ronmil, schwarzracen27, speed bump, SpfldMile, SprintManDave
Quantrill (Offline)
  #14 1/14/12 6:40 PM
Anyone have dish network w/mavtv? Any thing on it worth watching? They r here in tulsa

Posted via Mobile Device
Danny Burton (Offline)
  #15 1/14/12 9:49 PM
I've been dreaming for years about writing a column called "TRS" or the The Racin' Station." I'd think up 168 hours/one week's worth of programming.

I thank ESPN and Fox/Speed for inspiring this idea. All I gotta do is sit down and write it.

http://www.hoseheads.com/dannyb.html

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.
5 Likes: Bruce Harrison, I Miss Manzy, mowerman, ronmil, SprintManDave
spruett (Offline)
  #16 1/14/12 11:04 PM
Fox owns rights to UFC and Fox owns Speed .. Question answered

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Having said that Fox owns Speed and rights to UFC and yes they do use it to build their NASCAR package it is worth letting them know you want more grass roots racing .

On another note our new company Three Wide Networks will be streaming several live USAC races and several regional and local tracks and series . Some will have to be Pay Per View it all depends on the sanctioning body and the promoter. We did do Turkey night free and Tony Stewarts Kart race free and had about 5000 viewers for each .
3 Likes: apexonephoto, BrentTFunk, I Miss Manzy
itsanonwingthing (Offline)
  #17 1/14/12 11:12 PM
I'm kind of enjoying the AMA Monster Energy Supercross live from Phoenix at the moment.

Keith Wendel
It's a Non Wing thing,.......you wouldn't understand!
3 Likes: apexonephoto, Augie, turn4
Bad Dad 54 (Offline)
  #18 1/15/12 12:22 AM
I call it SPUD, I'll go to it when I turn TV on but rarely stay there. About the only show I watch consistently is PASS TIME, haven't won yet. SPUD CHANNEL quit watching WIND BAG TUNNEL too
2 Likes: I Miss Manzy, speed bump
Hotshoe65s (Offline)
  #19 1/15/12 1:06 AM
Lucas Oil Late Model races and the World Finals at Charlotte are the only things anyone should ever watch on speed

Pinks = Boring
NASCAR = A bunch of guys just making laps to collect their money
Monster Jam = does anyone actually care? Lol
All the other pointless, repetitive shows = another channel I just flip past 99% of the time

Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: I Miss Manzy, speed bump
ossuks (Offline)
  #20 1/15/12 3:10 PM
Maybe when the race fans stop watching Speed they will rename it Seed and turn it into a farm show?
3 Likes: I Miss Manzy, Quantrill, spankytoo