IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #11 5/8/08 7:22 PM
[QUOTE=Jerry Shaw;39361]
Originally Posted by SHORTBUS:

Hey. That's the little guy that I saw telling Dan Hetser that his grandpa was gonna beat him up.:rolling

Jerry
Right you are Jerry,truth is the only "beating up" was if I had tried to be first through the food table @ the Hospitality Tent!

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
terrehautian (Offline)
  #12 5/8/08 7:34 PM
if you get a digital slr, be prepared for major money spending on lenses and all that for low light shooting at night. I have a digital slr and a external flash. My camera was virtually useless during the feature at the Don Smith classic. Blurred pics was the norm at that point. What I need is a 700 dollar lense and a 1000 dollar flash to be close to getting good pics once the lights come on and the sun goes down.
staggerman (Offline)
  #13 5/8/08 7:37 PM
How was the infield crowd for the race? Bigger than usual due to the cars being pitted inside?
lovindirt
  #14 5/8/08 7:48 PM
JOHN SINCE YOU PUT IT THAT WAY, NOW; I JUST CHANGED MY MIND I LOOK FORWARD TO PARKING IN THERE

jeff
Wolfe-e (Offline)
  #15 5/8/08 8:00 PM
Staggerman, I don;t know the offical numbers but it was a pretty decent crowd overall. In honesty, because of having the cars pitted inside, it looked to be a good crowd... I do think it was a hit with the crowd, especially the kids...
agar (Offline)
  #16 5/8/08 8:16 PM
Originally Posted by terrehautian:
if you get a digital slr, be prepared for major money spending on lenses and all that for low light shooting at night. I have a digital slr and a external flash. My camera was virtually useless during the feature at the Don Smith classic. Blurred pics was the norm at that point. What I need is a 700 dollar lense and a 1000 dollar flash to be close to getting good pics once the lights come on and the sun goes down.
yeah I already Have $800 in my Camera and extra lense its just a hobby for now I take shots in the pits,Hot Laps,Quals and or the first couple heats then when the lights come on I just watch the racing I may get a flash later it my wife can hit a Big Jackpot again at French Lick :thumb
terrehautian (Offline)
  #17 5/8/08 8:40 PM
Originally Posted by agar:
yeah I already Have $800 in my Camera and extra lense its just a hobby for now I take shots in the pits,Hot Laps,Quals and or the first couple heats then when the lights come on I just watch the racing I may get a flash later it my wife can hit a Big Jackpot again at French Lick :thumb
I am waiting on the powerball or hoosier lottery second chance jackpot for me.
kcarm92 (Offline)
  #18 5/8/08 8:51 PM
I realy had my doubts about the piting inside but it brought back the good old days, so i guess the hassles of unloading and loading wasn't that bad after i talked to a few guys,they said it was worth it, just wished we could have raced. as far as the crowd i realy think the sunday day race had a lot to do with it. It was apretty good crowd, and alot of people that have never been there to see races before,so new fans maybe.
terrehautian (Offline)
  #19 5/8/08 8:56 PM
+1 for a new fan (me).

One day I want to see the race from other than turn 1 and 2. Might have to go up high to see a heat race.
Hustlin-Hoosier (Offline)
  #20 5/8/08 10:31 PM
:usac:Cool!!! Back to parking in the infield. Fun in the sun, a day in the dust. Racing at The Action Track. Having your family at the fence ,not up in the grandstands and kids in their playpens or on a blanket . The good ol' days are back! Bobby B.