IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Phylo82 (Offline)
  #11 9/1/11 11:29 PM
I'd have to say that right now the only track that seems to be serious when it comes to running Mini-Sprints is Waynesfield. I see us spending a lot of time there next season.

Phil Heil
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt
eriksfloor2 (Offline)
  #12 9/2/11 1:29 AM
peoria speedway will be racing the 24th would be a good tune up for the nationals the following week
racer22r (Offline)
  #13 9/2/11 9:56 AM
From what i heard from an official from KC is that KC Dropped AMSA from the schedule and they also cancelled a sprint car show. I believe with waynesfield being done racing sept. 3rd that the race at KC would have been a good race with plenty of cars to make a great show. I guess if a race track that doesnt normally race mini sprints has a mini sprint show we had better get at least thrity cars the first time there or they wont have us back anymore for the season or maybe ever. It seems like mini sprints get one chance and if we dont come through 200% it's well better luck somewhere else. I love racing at KC it is a good fast track and fun to race on not to mention it is close to home, i just wish we could have got another race in down there before the end of the season.
Phylo82 (Offline)
  #14 9/2/11 10:39 AM
That stinks.....there would have been plenty of cars there on the 24th. Next season we are committing our time/money to tracks that are committed to running a strong Mini-Sprint schedule. Tracks like Brownstown, L-Burg and especially Waynesfield.

We are done going places that give us 1, maybe two races. Whether it's the AMSA, MMSA or non-sanctioned, I'd rather go to a place I know we'll be going back to again.

Phil Heil
#13e Maxim Sprint
slide22 (Offline)
  #15 9/2/11 10:49 AM
There could have been more races at KC, but that is a different story to tell. With no KC, no Waynesfield, probably no Moler, and who knows with Lawrenceburg it doesn't look like there will be an AMSA in 2012
racer22r (Offline)
  #16 9/2/11 1:04 PM
Im sure AMSA isnt going away they will get races i know they waitted around on KC to schedule races with them for this year and it took KC forever to get with AMSA and give them anything because of problems KC was having not to mention AMSA has had a bunch of rainouts, to be honest i like to run at waynesfield but the calls they make there are sometimes a little one sided and it reminds me of racing at 35 raceway the people that work at the track dont pay attention to the races and so bad calls are made a lot.
Mulvaney (Offline)
  #17 9/2/11 1:55 PM
just wandering. everyone complains about not having dates but salem runs every fri and no one shows. the drive couldn,t be much different then brownstown for most. if u ask about payout, ofcourse it sucks when you only have 2 cars show up but i'm shure it would be diff if 15 cars showed up or hell even 10 would probably help. if not this track will just add to the mini sprint cancelled statitics
WRP (Offline)
  #18 9/2/11 2:01 PM
Originally Posted by racer22r:
Im sure AMSA isnt going away they will get races i know they waitted around on KC to schedule races with them for this year and it took KC forever to get with AMSA and give them anything because of problems KC was having not to mention AMSA has had a bunch of rainouts, to be honest i like to run at waynesfield but the calls they make there are sometimes a little one sided and it reminds me of racing at 35 raceway the people that work at the track don't pay attention to the races and so bad calls are made a lot.
Mr. Roberts,

I'm not sure what calls you are referring to, but we strive to be fair and consistent with every decision we make at WRP. We are vigilant in paying attention to every race that takes place during an event at our facility. The calls we make are based upon the rules as they are printed, which are available on our website, and at the track if requested. Those calls are made regardless of who you are, where you're from, or what color your car is.

With that said, I would personally like to thank EVERY driver, team and fan that has been part of what I feel has been a banner year at WRP. The Mini-Sprint class in particular has responded well to having a consistent, weekly program available to them. We hope to expand upon that in 2012, and look forward to the great racing we have come to expect from the 1000cc Mini Sprints.

Gerry Keysor
2 Likes: slide22, WBR 3E
slide22 (Offline)
  #19 9/2/11 2:05 PM
Originally Posted by Mulvaney:
just wandering. everyone complains about not having dates but salem runs every fri and no one shows. the drive couldn,t be much different then brownstown for most. if u ask about payout, ofcourse it sucks when you only have 2 cars show up but i'm shure it would be diff if 15 cars showed up or hell even 10 would probably help. if not this track will just add to the mini sprint cancelled statitics
Salem is a 5 hour drive from Southern Ohio, and back when they used to get 30-40 cars a night they still didn't pay nothing to win.

AMSA isn't the World of Outlaws. If you want races be a PROMOTER and PROMOTE your series and go get races, not sit around and wait for people and instant message them on facebook to get races.
Phylo82 (Offline)
  #20 9/2/11 2:28 PM
Originally Posted by WRP:
With that said, I would personally like to thank EVERY driver, team and fan that has been part of what I feel has been a banner year at WRP. The Mini-Sprint class in particular has responded well to having a consistent, weekly program available to them. We hope to expand upon that in 2012, and look forward to the great racing we have come to expect from the 1000cc Mini Sprints.

Gerry Keysor
It would be awesome to see another track team up with Waynesfield and run a mini-sprint series whenever Waynesfield is not running theirs. You could have individual track champions and an overall champion. That would make for some great racing events and plenty of cars.

My impression of Waynesfield has been very good this season. I like how they mix things up and appreciate the fact that the 1000cc are not always running last on the card. It is an excellent track for the Mini-Sprints and the racing was very competitive. Looking forward to running there a lot in 2012.

Phil Heil
#13e Maxim Sprint