IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
mortboyz
  #11 2/12/08 2:18 PM
Can't believe Brian Cripe has yet to be mentioned.....
cantc4mud (Offline)
  #12 2/12/08 3:28 PM
I think we can add Daryl Tate to that Good List. :thumb
smbpreformance (Offline)
  #13 2/12/08 3:38 PM
Originally Posted by FishBurger:

Soooo, I'll go on record as touting Kevin Besecker as one of the up and coming make 'em go fast wrench handlers. The guy is smart and well liked all through the pits which doesn't hurt a thing when looking for tips from other setup artists. JMO, as always.:checkered:
Kevin is only good because he listens to what Nic tells him to do...:rolling:rolling:rolling
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #14 2/12/08 5:49 PM
Originally Posted by FishBurger:
Well you are a little weird Bill, but not because of that. :wink: :O:
That was a dumb question...:doh:

staggerman (Offline)
  #15 2/12/08 5:54 PM
How about Phil Poor.

Crew Chief for Steve Butler for 3 USAC Sprint titles (1986-88) and a USAC Silver Crown Title in 1992

Crew Chief for Terry Shepherd for the 1990 All Star Title

Crew Chief for Brian Tyler, Derek Davidson, Dave Darland, Jack Hewitt, Brent Kaeding and more in 1991 through early 2000's taking multiple feature wins with these drivers.

One of the rare crew chiefs who scored wins in nonwinged, winged, and pavement over the years.

You can still find Phil spinning wrenches on various cars including last year with Sammy Imel.

Definetly a guy with a full resume.
dirtywhiteboy
  #16 2/12/08 6:03 PM
I would have to give a tip of the cap to Billy Hess and Rick King for the work they have done on Mike Hess's car.

Steve Savage and Rich Corson should be listed too. Anyone who has Tony Stewart come and talk to them about car setup sure as hell must be doing something right.
darlandfan (Offline)
  #17 2/12/08 6:18 PM
ALL TIME? KARL KINSER! Sammy Swindell, Duece Turrill, DIzz Wilson, Ken Woodruff, Steve Smith Sr.

The only one I dont see on your list Chuck is Davey Brown Jr. I would put him right up there with Woodruff. Like Slammy on the list to, like him or not he is about the best at making a car work, winged or not
bent wrench16
  #18 2/12/08 6:37 PM
Dont forget about the"PLOWBOY"!!!! i truly believe there are alot more out their that we will forget an some that will never be discovered! thanks for a great topic!!!
riskybrisky5 (Offline)
  #19 2/12/08 7:31 PM
Lawrence county Indiana produced three of the best in the setup business. Karl Kinser, Dizz Wilson and Richard Briscoe I am partial to the last one. I would put these three up against any in there own time.
Todd Kimmel (Offline)
  #20 2/12/08 9:54 PM
1) Keith Kunz
2) Scott Benic
3) Scott Pedersen
4) Red Pedersen
5) Tom Miller
6) Paul Hazen

Some good non-wing guys IMO

Todd Kimmel
Todd Kimmel Racing/ Longs Bakery/ Oakley/ DRC