IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Cngoebel (Offline)
  #11 5/12/18 4:33 PM
Thank you for this! Hal is my great grandpa! I loved reading this and learning more about him!
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, davidm, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, luckybuc97, tirespinner
smith19 (Offline)
  #12 5/12/18 8:49 PM
think I remember him in a #6 at Eldora.

CHRIS SMITH
davidm (Offline)
  #13 5/13/18 2:18 PM
Amazing that a post from 8 years ago has helped someone learn about their grandfather here! That's just another reason this place is so special!
10 Likes: Bobv, BrentTFunk, erich45, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, tigerone, tirespinner
TQ29m (Online)
  #14 5/14/18 10:44 AM
I had one of those, back in the day, bought it when I was riding my Ariel 21 motorcycle, then later used it when I was racing hydroplanes, then sold it to a competitor to continue using it, because it was lighter than anything out there, probably got a picture of it somewhere, I remember one of my Dad with it on, trying to get my Ariel started to come looking for me, I had his car, and was a few minutes late getting home, now that was funny! True how something so trivial can trigger old memories, but yes, there was a McHal helmet in a lot of us old-timers lives! Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!