IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
illinisprintfan (Offline)
  #11 11/28/07 5:30 PM
Originally Posted by racerfanx2:
I thought this article was interesting.............

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/WaterCoole...3924740&page=1
OOPS!!!!! Helio must really be a celebrity now, backstage hookups!! :emote20::eek:
FishBurger (Offline)
  #12 11/28/07 10:46 PM
Kinda sad really....Helio gets more notoriety for winning a dancing contest on a goofy reality TV show than he did for winning TWO Indy 500's. I guess that's just the way things are today.

I've never heard of a policeman asking a speeder "Who do you think you are...Helio Castroneves?" A.J. Foyt? Yes! Parnelli Jones? Yes! Even Barney Oldfield still gets an occasional call. Castroneves? Not that I know of. :wink1:

Will this help draw new fans to Indycar racing? I dunno...I hope so. Did Apollo Anton's DWTS win with the same partner drive up the TV ratings for speed skating? :rolleyes::checkered:
Dwight Clock (Offline)
  #13 11/28/07 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by FishBurger:
Did Apollo Anton's DWTS win with the same partner drive up the TV ratings for speed skating? :rolleyes::checkered:
Not sure...but Julianne drove up my blood pressure!:rolling::kookoo2::rolling:
sprint 98j
  #14 11/29/07 10:51 AM
I believe I saw that the fiance thing is history. See broke off after the Kiss at the end of one of the dances. Helio presents an awesome image for race car drivers. Versitile, bubbling personality, 2 Indy wins, and became a talented dancer. I think he is a very positive role model for a sport in trouble. The women will all be cheering for him now and I wonder what his new victory dance will be? Congratulations well fought and won Victory.
dirtball (Offline)
  #15 11/29/07 4:00 PM
Originally Posted by Seadog:
I don't know if you have seen Helio's fiance, but she is not exactly chopped liver. But yes, Julianne is hot. Congrats to him. BTW, I'd like to start an e-mail campaign to get Steve Stapp or Willie Davis on DWTS.
I'd like to see Willie and Steve dance, I bet they would do a great polka!
STP (Offline)
  #16 11/29/07 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by sprint 98j:
I believe I saw that the fiance thing is history. See broke off after the Kiss at the end of one of the dances. Helio presents an awesome image for race car drivers. Versitile, bubbling personality, 2 Indy wins, and became a talented dancer. I think he is a very positive role model for a sport in trouble. The women will all be cheering for him now and I wonder what his new victory dance will be? Congratulations well fought and won Victory.

Her publicist made a statement confirming this. Sad. I'm really glad Helio won. I used to teach ballroom dancing and didn't think Mel B. had that much talent or showmanship.