IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
DirtTrackTherapy16J (Offline)
  #11 5/16/23 12:26 AM
I personally wonder the same thing as Reeserx and no Flagboy it's not your post for me, its not just this situation, it's on here ALOT and again not just High Limit. Its on here and in person ALOT.

I'm glad they make goals, successful businesses and people generally make goals. But seriously 9pm...hell it's not even dark at 9pm where I live. They dont make 9pm start, so what? Gotta work early, go to bed. Watch it the next day. People stay up way later to watch other sports on tv.

I can understand "too many" support classes, running at 12am, 1am, unnecessary delays, but why do so many people get so wound up on a race starting/being over at such a set time and having some kind of support class? There are alot of people that do like watching stock cars...maybe not on here but at a track itself...their money is green too, they support the track too, generally the stock car people have families and spend money on concessions and souvenirs...takes EVERYONE to make a track go and be successful.

Oh residential area huh...airports, highways, high traffic city streets, high traffic county roads, railroad lines, shopping plazas, factories changing shifts, I can go on all night, they make noises too.
5 Likes: flagboy55, Grocery Guy, jdull99, reeserx, TNRustler
deadhorse30 (Offline)
  #12 5/16/23 9:41 AM
As far as the backgate promoting I think Flo is helping with the purse. One of the reoccurring complaints that I have seen have been support classes dragging the show out. The structure seems to be made for Flo to have big races during the week, so I would imagine they have a hand in it.

That being said I will be there tonight. With a 2 hour drive home and work tomorrow morning. I applaud the lack of support classes. I'm going to watch some of the best winged sprint car teams and drivers in the country run for $32,000 on a Tuesday and hopefully not get home at an ungodly hour. Love it!
13 Likes: BrentTFunk, erich45, fishnman, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, mc/rider, motorhead748, OnTheHammer, PIT CART, rimrider69, TNRustler
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #13 5/16/23 2:48 PM
I think when you run on a work/ school night, you have to get done early. Plus this is a made for streaming series. People in this day and age do not have the attention span for a 5 hour race program. It is not just racing. Baseball is taking big steps to speed up the game. When is the last time you watched a 3 hour movie? Having 1 support class can sometimes speed up a show. Having a support classes that has to be pushed like High Limit had at 34 can make for a long night.
Midget week is a good example where with a second push class, no other class is needed. No need to cram 3 hours worth of fun into 5 hours.
7 Likes: Ilovedirttrackracing, MassiveRaceFan, mc/rider, NoDramazone2020, rimrider69, ThrowbackRacingTeam, WinglessLovers
767 (Offline)
  #14 5/16/23 3:11 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
I think when you run on a work/ school night, you have to get done early. Plus this is a made for streaming series. People in this day and age do not have the attention span for a 5 hour race program. It is not just racing. Baseball is taking big steps to speed up the game. When is the last time you watched a 3 hour movie? Having 1 support class can sometimes speed up a show. Having a support classes that has to be pushed like High Limit had at 34 can make for a long night.
Midget week is a good example where with a second push class, no other class is needed. No need to cram 3 hours worth of fun into 5 hours.
Filler class feature should always be ran after main class. You can run as many classes ass you want. Set a time schedule for main class. Filler runs during downtime. If fillers are supposed to have 6 heats and only 3 are complete. MOVE ON. Start back with heat 4 the next time the fillers are to be on the track. I completely agree with having the main class finished by 9:30. At the same time, I have no issue if the track wants to let filler classes run till 1am. one of these days this series will be begging for filler classes. For those of you that have Flo, you need to watch some races from Marshalltown, IA. That track is efficent!
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, FALCONEDDIE, flagboy55, PIT CART, Rapid Rick, WinglessLovers
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #15 5/16/23 5:11 PM
Originally Posted by 767:
Filler class feature should always be ran after main class. You can run as many classes ass you want. Set a time schedule for main class. Filler runs during downtime. If fillers are supposed to have 6 heats and only 3 are complete. MOVE ON. Start back with heat 4 the next time the fillers are to be on the track. I completely agree with having the main class finished by 9:30. At the same time, I have no issue if the track wants to let filler classes run till 1am. one of these days this series will be begging for filler classes. For those of you that have Flo, you need to watch some races from Marshalltown, IA. That track is efficent!
Disagree. People like to go in the pits after the show and you can’t do that if the headliner runs first without having to wait. Bottom line, run an efficient show, use the support division as an opportunity to give the fans a 15-20 break to use the bathroom or sell hot dogs.
6 Likes: bighd0522, BrentTFunk, Ilovedirttrackracing, Pitdad, ThrowbackRacingTeam, TNRustler
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #16 5/16/23 5:34 PM
I know it must seem illegal to some people but support classes are not needed at these high limit races. I was at Burlington and thought high limit could have done even more promoting of the drivers and it’s races had the support class not been there. You can’t do interviews and talk about the teams when other cars are on the track. They really should consider staging the cars for the a-main on the front stretch with drivers out of the cars. As a fan that is by far the preferred way.
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, MassiveRaceFan, rimrider69
TQ29m (Offline)
  #17 5/16/23 6:19 PM
As a driver or car owner, I always preferred that part of the program.

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, FALCONEDDIE, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing
dkdorkboy (Offline)
  #18 5/16/23 6:23 PM
Looks like a healthy crowd tonight.

Ancient wise man say man who get into race for free never see bad race.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, DirtTrackTherapy16J, flagboy55
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #19 5/16/23 9:05 PM
Great job by Brad Sweet to add some excitement after first and second place in the dash turned down moving back to 5th for the start after the dice roll. After another roll by Brad would have moved them back to 3rd, which they again declined, Brad rolled the dice again, got a 6, and will reward the 6th place starter (Aaron Reutzel) and additional $6000 if he wins. Personally, I think that is a good way to do it IF the first two dash finishers decline to move back after the dice roll.
4 Likes: bighd0522, DirtTrackTherapy16J, flagboy55, reeserx
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #20 5/16/23 9:21 PM
If your geared for streaming, might not wanna have it at a dust bowl

Charles Nungester
8 Likes: 767, DirtTrackTherapy16J, dsc1600, flagboy55, Hubie48, MassiveRaceFan, TNRustler, Vookie