IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
oppweld (Offline)
  #11 12/21/22 6:11 PM
My question was a joke. I'll be there if parking was 20 bucks and beers were 10! April can't get here soon enough.
16 Likes: BrentTFunk, cornerthree, cowboyhar69, Dale, Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, luckybuc97, racenut69, ronmil, superstock30, The Old Coyote, tirespinner
Blitzman (Offline)
  #12 12/21/22 7:25 PM
Hopefully Ronk & Bernie get money back from the improvements they put into the facility. If not, they should take all the guardrail & any fencing they bought with them. Let the track owners & next promoter figure out what to do with the outside walls. Just my .02.
2 Likes: ginblueearth, tirespinner
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #13 12/21/22 7:45 PM
I will validate Oppweld’s opinion. He would be there for sure!
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, oppweld
cornerthree (Offline)
  #14 12/21/22 8:06 PM
Originally Posted by oppweld:
Now for the number one question that will be asked. "Will old grandstand cooler policy be restored?"
We can't do that at any tracks in WI. I can't believe anyone would stay home from a race because they had to by beer at the track. Maybe stay home and go to an AA meeting. JMO
15 Likes: BrentTFunk, brown11b, captrat, cmakin, cowboyhar69, Dale, Dirtfan, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, Midget98, oppweld, PIT CART, rimrider69, ronmil
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #15 12/21/22 9:06 PM
Originally Posted by diversified:
Track Enterprises/ Bob Sargeant is coming back...and the "TBA" on USAC's schedule are THAT shows
Haven’t seen any announcement about this. Is this official or wishful thinking. Not trying to be a wise guy but would like to see an official announcement.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, luckybuc97, mc/rider, oppweld, racenut69, tirespinner
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #16 12/21/22 9:47 PM
While I hate that the promotional team of last year put all that work in and are getting little in return, I sincerely hope that SOMEONE, be it Track Enterprises or some other entity comes in and promotes the track. I fear that if it sits unused, the fair board will never allow it to be used again.
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, Dale, Ilovedirttrackracing, tirespinner
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #17 12/21/22 10:04 PM
3, obviously you missed Oppweld’s clarification. It was a joke. But seriously, he travels all around the country and collects beer and I bring beer from our local brewery and we share and enjoy. Obviously you’re not understanding to camaraderie at a race track
8 Likes: BrentTFunk, cornerthree, luckybuc97, NoDramazone2020, oppweld, PIT CART, progressive22, racenut69
Dale (Offline)
  #18 12/22/22 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by cornerthree:
We can't do that at any tracks in WI. I can't believe anyone would stay home from a race because they had to by beer at the track. Maybe stay home and go to an AA meeting. JMO
Bringing in your own alcohol is a relic of the past. Drink your own in the parking lot.
16 Likes: bighd0522, BrentTFunk, captrat, cornerthree, cowboyhar69, duel, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, mc/rider, Midget98, OnTheHammer, oppweld, racenut69, ronmil, tirespinner
Dale (Offline)
  #19 12/22/22 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by Blitzman:
Hopefully Ronk & Bernie get money back from the improvements they put into the facility. If not, they should take all the guardrail & any fencing they bought with them. Let the track owners & next promoter figure out what to do with the outside walls. Just my .02.
You are entitled to your own hopes but that solution would be counterproductive to reopening the track to racing.
5 Likes: Charles Nungester, erich45, flagboy55, Speedmax3, tirespinner
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #20 12/23/22 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Dale:
Bringing in your own alcohol is a relic of the past. Drink your own in the parking lot.
In Indiana, it is illegal to bring in alcohol if you sell it.
6 Likes: cowboyhar69, Dirtfan, DirtTrackTherapy16J, Ilovedirttrackracing, ronmil, tirespinner