IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
reeserx (Offline)
  #11 5/24/21 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt:
I'm on the back stretch and most folks around me are talking about going to work in the morning. I'd say late Sunday nights don't appeal to the working man/woman.
Btw, it's after 10p with two A mains to go.
I gotta be up at 4AM tomorrow, but man was that race worth the lack of sleep tomorrow! What a damn good two features! Kokomo did not disappoint as usual! Unusual inefficiency tonight.
4 Likes: fish, flagboy55, JarrettFarms73, tirespinner
Grocery Guy (Offline)
  #12 5/24/21 1:26 AM
Someone explain to me why Kokomo had to have a cornhole tournament game at 9pm tonight on the front stretch, taking up 25 minutes. Even if for charity, why not have that early in the evening. Used to be you could go to Kokomo on Sunday night, and other nights, and get out a reasonable hour. Not lately. The post above noting "unusual inefficiency" is right on. Another post was about the low fan attendance. Running two features after 10pm is certainly not fan or working person friendly.
13 Likes: Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, Dougherty20, Hustlin-Hoosier, interpreter66, jim goerge, jonboat15, PIT CART, reeserx, sc17x, spicoli, tirespinner, WingedFan2019
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #13 5/24/21 4:08 PM
Originally Posted by Dirtfan:
At IBBR,unbelievable.
Believe it you Dirty guy you!

I feel ya brotha.....
2 Likes: Dirtfan, wildman92
racefan20 (Offline)
  #14 5/24/21 4:32 PM
Originally Posted by Grocery Guy:
Someone explain to me why Kokomo had to have a cornhole tournament game at 9pm tonight on the front stretch, taking up 25 minutes. Even if for charity, why not have that early in the evening. Used to be you could go to Kokomo on Sunday night, and other nights, and get out a reasonable hour. Not lately. The post above noting "unusual inefficiency" is right on. Another post was about the low fan attendance. Running two features after 10pm is certainly not fan or working person friendly.
Were they fixing the fence during cornhole? Plus I dont think you can blame the "inefficiency" all on the track. The All Stars put a 18 minute timer before they started the feature during which time they could have run the local sprint feature but I would imagine the All Stars didnt want that. They also took up plenty of time bringing out the drivers for the dash draw. What I am trying to say is if you are going to a nationally sanctioned race you cant expect it to be run the same as a local show.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
4 Likes: flagboy55, PJ Wright, rapid robert, tirespinner
reeserx (Offline)
  #15 5/24/21 4:40 PM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
Were they fixing the fence during cornhole? Plus I dont think you can blame the "inefficiency" all on the track. The All Stars put a 18 minute timer before they started the feature during which time they could have run the local sprint feature but I would imagine the All Stars didnt want that. They also took up plenty of time bringing out the drivers for the dash draw. What I am trying to say is if you are going to a nationally sanctioned race you cant expect it to be run the same as a local show.
This was a S&B promotions race. Same people that did the WOO race in April there. They just leased the track for the night. I agree, the full blame can’t be placed on Kokomo.
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #16 5/25/21 8:56 AM
Originally Posted by reeserx:
This was a S&B promotions race. Same people that did the WOO race in April there. They just leased the track for the night. I agree, the full blame can’t be placed on Kokomo.
Problem with this is that the normal average person attending this race does NOT know this and if they left early due to a long running program, well Kokomo Speedway takes blame and a sour taste in the mouth of the casual race fan, which is the one that you do NOT want that to happen to. Just saying..............
12 Likes: 95KART, Chief Wahoo, cornerthree, dirt330, Dirtfan, Hustlin-Hoosier, interpreter66, luckybuc97, PIT CART, rapid robert, reeserx, tirespinner
JarrettFarms73 (Offline)
  #17 5/25/21 4:37 PM
On the plus side of a smaller crowd and a later night than usual, getting out of the back stretch parking lot was easier!! 😆

Did anyone hear or see what happened to Buddy Kofoid? Did he hit someone as the yellow came out? or maybe hit the fence and i missed it?
cmiracingvids (Offline)
  #18 5/25/21 5:24 PM
Originally Posted by JarrettFarms73:
On the plus side of a smaller crowd and a later night than usual, getting out of the back stretch parking lot was easier!! 😆

Did anyone hear or see what happened to Buddy Kofoid? Did he hit someone as the yellow came out? or maybe hit the fence and i missed it?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c_cAIiT-zpw
racefan20 (Offline)
  #19 5/25/21 6:17 PM
Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
Problem with this is that the normal average person attending this race does NOT know this and if they left early due to a long running program, well Kokomo Speedway takes blame and a sour taste in the mouth of the casual race fan, which is the one that you do NOT want that to happen to. Just saying..............
So you are saying that before the race they should say "we have no control over how long this race runs" or "we are not responsible for when this show ends", come on where have you ever seen that. Does TSS or Terre Haute do that when WoO runs there..... No. When you go to any race you are at the mercy of all different factors that may make the race longer or shorter including the actions of the sanctioning body if it is a sanctioned show. So tell me do you have a solution to this problem that would satsify the fans, the sanctioning body and also in this case some very generous benefactors who were putting lots of $$ in drivers pockets? Or are you just complaining about a race and track that you more than likely were not at?

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
6 Likes: Dblchkrs, fish, nathans1012, PJ Wright, progressive22, TBONE
reeserx (Offline)
  #20 5/25/21 7:38 PM
Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
I agree 100%. I did see quite a few people leaving during one of the many cautions/red flags during the ASCOC feature
3 Likes: Chief Wahoo, luckybuc97, Rpracing1