IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
duel (Offline)
  #11 4/12/21 4:07 PM
I have been going back and forth with flo on this. I bought a samsung smart just so I could watch flo without patching to a pc. I ran an ethernet cable direct to my router from the tv instead of using wifi. I was able to log in for the last 3 months and had no problem with the new tv. this past weekend I could not log in or get flo to respond on my tv. So I did the old way and patched in my pc. The response from the tech was they didn't recommend the smartv for live streaming but to get a Roku stick or something else. So I just set up a roku account and bought an hdmi roku stick with a remote. $35. So far so good. The tv worked great before until last weekend?
2 Likes: Josh Spencer, tirespinner
Offroadrace_814 (Offline)
  #12 4/12/21 7:13 PM
I have a Samsung DumbTV (SmartTV) and that was the same answer I got. I also use it for FloHockey (Indy Fuel Season Ticket Holder). I contacted them last night about not being about to have it on my Cell Phone and Computer (since I could not get on my Samsung) at the same time. Now in their defense I was on two different networks. They say I can not do that. I had been able to do it for several months until this weekend. Just stinks!

Originally Posted by duel:
I have been going back and forth with flo on this. I bought a samsung smart just so I could watch flo without patching to a pc. I ran an ethernet cable direct to my router from the tv instead of using wifi. I was able to log in for the last 3 months and had no problem with the new tv. this past weekend I could not log in or get flo to respond on my tv. So I did the old way and patched in my pc. The response from the tech was they didn't recommend the smartv for live streaming but to get a Roku stick or something else. So I just set up a roku account and bought an hdmi roku stick with a remote. $35. So far so good. The tv worked great before until last weekend?
3 Likes: duel, Josh Spencer, tirespinner
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #13 4/12/21 8:15 PM
Have any of you with issues tried signing out on all devices and then signing in on your tv? I watched all weekend on my smart tv.

Flo has finally started to crack down on people sharing their password with friends/family.

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
2 Likes: chrismattlin, tirespinner
Offroadrace_814 (Offline)
  #14 4/13/21 6:25 AM
Yes, I have.

Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd:
Have any of you with issues tried signing out on all devices and then signing in on your tv? I watched all weekend on my smart tv.

Flo has finally started to crack down on people sharing their password with friends/family.
Josh Spencer (Offline)
  #15 4/13/21 8:49 AM
Originally Posted by duel:
I had the same issue! I was able to watch every race until last weekend! I just had a blank/black screen. I asked tech and they said to change my device. They couldn’t answer why it worked before last weekend either?!? I also have a smart TV, Samsung.

Josh Spencer
3 Likes: duel, glen88, tirespinner
Therealether (Offline)
  #16 4/13/21 9:36 AM
I keep seeing people say that FLO told them get a Roku stick, but IMO the Firestick is a better option. Smoother, faster, cheaper. Plus, being android based, you can do so much more with them.
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #17 4/13/21 5:53 PM
Originally Posted by Therealether:
I keep seeing people say that FLO told them get a Roku stick, but IMO the Firestick is a better option. Smoother, faster, cheaper. Plus, being android based, you can do so much more with them.
Not disagreeing with you, but Flo would not run on the FireStick we had without constant buffering. I finally gave up and bought a Roku stick and thus far (about 6 months) it has run flawlessly!