IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
JarrettFarms73 (Offline)
  #11 7/2/20 4:31 PM
Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
They just hosted a Midget week show.
i only made it to kokomo for midget week but i’d guess there were 1/3rd the number of campers in contrast to what i’ve seen over the last 3 or 4 years of ISW.

it would be cool to see a new track and i could always find a nearby campground i guess. we just really love the vagabond feel of everyone packing into the track property.
2 Likes: Big Mike 7, oppweld
Bill Angel (Offline)
  #12 7/2/20 5:07 PM
Campers set up in a large field across from the track. Additional parking is available sw of the track between the pits and the road. There are no campgrounds in the area that I'm aware of.
reeserx (Offline)
  #13 7/2/20 8:41 PM
Originally Posted by JarrettFarms73:
i only made it to kokomo for midget week but i’d guess there were 1/3rd the number of campers in contrast to what i’ve seen over the last 3 or 4 years of ISW.

it would be cool to see a new track and i could always find a nearby campground i guess. we just really love the vagabond feel of everyone packing into the track property.
They had plenty of room for campers, but could probably use someone regulating where to park and such. I had no issues finding a spot but then again it was on a Tuesday.
jim goerge (Offline)
  #14 7/2/20 8:44 PM
Originally Posted by JarrettFarms73:
it’s been forever since i’ve been to Paragon. Do they have the camper space to host the traveling circus that is ISW?
I think they(Paragon) could handle it. During midget week they had a couple of fields for parking. I"d say get one field just for campers and motorhomes and have someone there to help them park right , not just where ever they want I"ve already have my race central set up at Econo Lodge in Cloverdale . real roughing it huh lol
4 Likes: i love dirt track racing, JarrettFarms73, racenut69, TNRustler
dirt330 (Offline)
  #15 7/3/20 3:02 PM
Anyone looking for a decent hotel in Bloomington during Indiana Sprint week try the Cascades inn at 2601 North Walnut 812 - 369 - 4310 nice accommodations at a very affordable price. Staying there for our third straight year.
Rob11 (Offline)
  #16 7/7/20 3:58 PM
Thanks for the input folks!