IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
HoosierMikey (Offline)
  #11 6/20/19 10:45 PM
Is there any place to put a lawn chair at the top on a flat surface? Wife is disabled and can not walk very far or do steps or hills?
JDK222 (Offline)
  #12 6/20/19 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by HoosierMikey:
Is there any place to put a lawn chair at the top on a flat surface? Wife is disabled and can not walk very far or do steps or hills?
I think you would be fine with a flat area in the stands but the admission gate is up on top a large hill. I believe there is some parking up there though just be prepared for it.

Jason D. Keefer
2 Likes: HoosierMikey, tirespinner
Paragon Speedway (Offline)
  #13 6/20/19 11:42 PM
Some helpful information for new fans to Paragon Speedway.
1) Handicapped and special needs parking is available at the top of the hill.
2) There is restroom facilities outside the main gate.
A) Restroom building is the white.
building in the special
needs/handicapped parking area.
B) Portalet facilities are along
fence outside main gate along
with a handwash station.
3) Marking of seats is allowed but once the gate opens a ticket or wristband is required.
4) Lawn chairs are strongly encouraged. And there is a grassy hillside available for lawn chair seating.
5) There is overflow parking across the street once the main lot fills up.
6) Grand Stand Concession opens at same time as main gate. Items include water/soda etc., track burgers, popcorn chicken, pretzels cinnamon/salt/plain,popcorn, fries, and many other items.
5 Likes: davidm, HoosierMikey, Indy1808, MBoersma, tirespinner
Indy1808 (Offline)
  #14 6/21/19 10:44 AM
The Amati Memorial has been a favorite of mine for many years now since it’s beginning. It takes me back to the good old days when we would have special 40 lap features.
I would be much obliged, if someone will please post (in case mother nature ruins it) before I start my 3 Hour Drive there.

Peace & love to all.
God bless our Troops at home and abroad.
INDY1808 SEE YOU AT THE RACES !
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #15 6/21/19 11:10 AM
Hopefully the ol' One Arm Bandit's got some influence in the weather department, up there. Because everything is in alignment for a big and talented field, tonight. A 68 lap war would be a great way to get this weekend started.

Here's a trivia question for you: Why did Keith name it the "Chuck Amati 68 and make it 68 laps"?

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
3 Likes: davidm, Indy1808, tirespinner
ronmil (Offline)
  #16 6/21/19 11:28 AM
Because he died at the age of 68 of a heart attack while driving In Herron, IL.

Ron Miller
2 Likes: Indy1808, tirespinner
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #17 6/21/19 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
Because he died at the age of 68 of a heart attack while driving In Herron, IL.
Correct.

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
2 Likes: ronmil, tirespinner
HoosierMikey (Offline)
  #18 6/21/19 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by Indy1808:
The Amati Memorial has been a favorite of mine for many years now since it’s beginning. It takes me back to the good old days when we would have special 40 lap features.
I would be much obliged, if someone will please post (in case mother nature ruins it) before I start my 3 Hour Drive there.
I would like to attend this as well. I am about 1 1/2- 2 hours away. However i just looked at the radar and there looks to be a band of storms heading that way. The storms are just about St. Louis right now. Unless the storms change direction or break up its not looking good. Just have to wait and see.
Chase Briscoe (Offline)
  #19 6/21/19 11:39 AM
Anyone know if there is a live stream? Would love to watch tonight.
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #20 6/21/19 11:57 AM
Hope you get it in, but with future radar forecast for tonight, tough to justify my 2 1/2 hour drive time. Best of luck to all of the competitors.