IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
jdull99 (Offline)
  #11 10/29/18 6:15 PM
Good for USAC their car count is up so high they have a competition committee to determine if another team can pay to run their races...

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
12 Likes: bighd0522, chrismattlin, EZ04, jim goerge, motorhead748, PIT CART, progressive22, spicoli, sprinter6, tirespinner, tmac39, TNRustler
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #12 10/29/18 7:04 PM
I'll be rooting for both these guys. I want to see Dave and Robert make a lot of money in these last two weeks of the season. And it's a good deal for both. On one hand, Robert's hiring a 3 time Oval Nationals winner and one of the best ever. And Dave's getting a ride in a car that is a proven USAC A-Main winner. And is owned by a very savvy race car owner, who only shows up to win.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
22 Likes: bighd0522, Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, davidm, Dffuchs12, dirt330, dusty tracks, ISF, Jbaldwin, jim goerge, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, oppweld, racenut69, RACrappieman, ronmil, Rpracing1, superstock30, texas red, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
RACrappieman (Offline)
  #13 10/29/18 7:54 PM
I can only imagine the interview that the car owner Robert will give if they win together. How awesome would that be. Could possibly rank right up there with the infamous Hewitt interview. 😂
I’m glad this is happening. I hope they both make some money together.
12 Likes: Dffuchs12, dirt330, Eatin Dirt, Hustlin-Hoosier, JarrettFarms73, Jerry Shaw, jim goerge, LUCKYONE, oppweld, ronmil, texas red, tirespinner
Promodified11 (Offline)
  #14 10/29/18 8:32 PM
USAC stepped on their d**k on this one.I am not a big ballou fan but DD stepping in to drive is cool.this will all wash out now.
5 Likes: jim goerge, mowerman, oppweld, ronmil, tirespinner
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #15 10/29/18 8:43 PM
Ballou not stupid. Imagine the uproar if USAC would have said the The People's Champ could not pilot this car. Chaos would ensue. As Jerry said above, I hope these two go to Cali on full tilt kill mode!
14 Likes: Chief Wahoo, davidm, dirt330, interpreter66, jdull99, Jerry Shaw, jim goerge, LUCKYONE, oppweld, racenut69, ronmil, texas red, tirespinner, yeleyfan76
yeleyfan76 (Offline)
  #16 10/29/18 9:51 PM
Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
Ballou not stupid. Imagine the uproar if USAC would have said the The People's Champ could not pilot this car. Chaos would ensue. As Jerry said above, I hope these two go to Cali on full tilt kill mode!
I agree with you 100%. This is a PR move by USAC. I don’t believe this would have happened with any other driver than DD tho. Very happy for both involved, but let’s not go overboard with lauding USAC. Hoping they make a lot of money.
6 Likes: addictedtodirt, Chief Wahoo, Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge, LUCKYONE, tirespinner
Chief Wahoo (Online)
  #17 10/29/18 10:26 PM
Omg, this is epic. Bet USAC never saw this one coming! Way to go RB. Just hope if Darland wins or makes podium, he talks about the shock program and lack of big airplane money.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
6 Likes: jim goerge, LUCKYONE, progressive22, ronmil, Rpracing1, tirespinner
davidm (Offline)
  #18 10/31/18 8:16 AM
A five race winning streak for DD and Robert would be pretty cool way to close out the season.
6 Likes: i love dirt track racing, Jerry Shaw, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, ronmil, tirespinner
racefan20 (Offline)
  #19 10/31/18 9:24 AM
As fun as it would be to hear I dont think they are letting Robert anywhere near a microphone

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
3 Likes: cmakin, ronmil, tirespinner
EZ04 (Offline)
  #20 10/31/18 9:43 AM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
As fun as it would be to hear I dont think they are letting Robert anywhere near a microphone
I think in 2019 there making it mandatory that you must first thank USAC and then the track promoter before you can mention your sponsors in victory lane interviews.
2 Likes: 2rock21, tirespinner
Closed Thread