IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
bart (Offline)
  #11 10/24/18 3:37 PM
I picked up a tire one year after the Chili Bowl and made a clock out of it. The rest was used for a floor mat in the shop.

Feedback on the clock was great so I made a few more as gifts and auction items.

Bart
5 Likes: davidm, erich45, luckybuc97, racefan20, TQ29m
racefan20 (Offline)
  #12 10/24/18 9:59 PM
My first wife Pam for Christmas one year got 2 of Steve Kinsers tires and he autographed them, went to Hoosier and they set her up with an inner tube to hold the tires up then had an oval piece of glass cut and made a table out of them. Really cool Christmas present.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
3 Likes: Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing, oppweld
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #13 10/24/18 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
My first wife Pam for Christmas one year got 2 of Steve Kinsers tires and he autographed them, went to Hoosier and they set her up with an inner tube to hold the tires up then had an oval piece of glass cut and made a table out of them. Really cool Christmas present.
Well obviously you don’t have the first wife any more how about the table?🙂
BTxpress (Offline)
  #14 10/25/18 10:27 AM
A racer friend told me about this & I've been doing it the last few years.
Use a box knife & cut both side walls out & fold up the tread & throw all 3 pieces in your garbage can for pick up. You are allowed 2 complete cut up tires per garbage can. Whole process takes less than 2 minutes.
racefan20 (Offline)
  #15 10/25/18 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by interpreter66:
Well obviously you don’t have the first wife any more how about the table?🙂
My first wife passed away in 2001. Yes I still have the table plus a smaller one I made that has a tire autographed by Steve Bob and Randy Kinser. I moved and dont have room for the coffee table sized one and its for sale if you are interested.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, interpreter66