Dickie Gaines
Braxton Cummings
Tony McVey
David Applegate
Kyle May
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, Pat O'Connor Fan, SlingShock, tirespinner
Gregg (Offline)
  #12 5/12/18 9:31 PM
Lap 5 Moffatt leads Miller. Abrams on the move.

L15 Moffatt Abrams Miller Hankins

L19 Abrams caught Moffatt

L22 Yellow for Hankins spin in T4. Abrams passed Moffatt for the lead
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, SlingShock, tirespinner
Gregg (Offline)
  #13 5/12/18 9:39 PM
Abrams wins.
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
Gregg (Offline)
  #14 5/12/18 9:44 PM
Finish

Abrams
Moffatt
Westerfeld
Cummings - Hard Charger
Miller
Hery
Cooley
Gaines
Fischesser
Hankins

Moffatt actually passed Abrams on the last lap T2 but Abrams went low in the laat corner and made it work.
8 Likes: Charles Nungester, FishBurger, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, SlingShock, smith19, tirespinner, Will Shunk
smith19 (Offline)
  #15 5/12/18 9:52 PM
thanks gregg.

CHRIS SMITH
4 Likes: FishBurger, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #16 5/13/18 12:39 AM
Not going to say a lot about car count or anything like that. It is what it is. Eldora running, A few guys strapped a wing on and went with BOSS at Atomic or Mowa, TSS, LPS and Paragon all running.

For 13 cars, That was one of the best dang features I ever seen. Moffatt and Miller duking it out for the first five laps or so until Joss took control up front, Abrams moving up steadily then battling with Miller for several laps before clearing then running down the full straight lead that Moffatt had built up. Westerfeld slowly works his way to third. About lap 17 or so Moffatt and Abrams raced hard with Abrams clearing on lap 19, Moffatt wouldn't go away and pulled along side a few times and a 22nd lap yellow brought Westerfeld into the mix. The last three laps were Abrams leading with Moffatt pulling along side entering the corners. Well on the last two turns of the final lap, Moffatt took the slide for life and cleared Abrams into four. I guess Joss was a little too hot coming out of his slide and Abrams gunned back under him to win his first feature, Westerfeld was a close third and I actually thought he had a shot there on the last corner but Abrams took his line.

Like I said last week, Abrams winning didn't surprise me a bit. But I was happy None the less for him. He got big cheers. It was a honest too goodness dog fight with no cherry pickers, just locals running hard. One of the better features I've seen.

We missed Bilbee but understand a wedding or graduation. Fischesser ran Buddy Lowther's car as he had motor problems that knocked him out at Eldora last night, Thanks Buddy for that. Hankins looked good and Cummings was the Grasshopper hard charger in honor of BC. Also Cooley was fast in his heat and early on in the feature was a contender with Moffatt and Miller.

See you next week for BOSS at the BURG. Then WoO Memorial Day and then USAC Midget Week which few doubt that last years may have been one of the greatest features ever.

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: FishBurger, Gregg, i love dirt track racing, Sandy Lowe