IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brownstown
7/14/11, 1:17 PM   #11
Re: Brownstown
Diggsy

I'm a landmark driver, not sure about anyone else. So if landmarks help, you'll know it's time to turn left onto 250 when you see the Circle K on your right, a bank and a Huck's gas station across the street and to the right, and CVS across the street and to the left. Once you make that turn you simply cannot miss the track.

There are also a slew of easily identifiable landmarks leading up to that intersection (McDonald's, Swifty gas station, courthouse, and Subway) to let you know you're getting close.

For some reason, though, my car always winds up going through the DQ drive-thru on the other side of the Circle K. Not sure how that keeps happening...

7/14/11, 1:22 PM   #12
wtvwrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
GPS coordinates 38.869,-86.029 or +38° 52' 8.40", -86° 1' 44.40"
Woo hoo! Many thanks! Although now I need to figure out how to enter the coordinates on the garmin instead of the address.....LOL!

thanks for the landmarks also! I recall driving aimlessly last year until I stumbled upon a gas station and the clerk said "oh you are lost! it's on the other side of town!"

I appreciate everyone's help! I wish they would rename these county roads with actual road names - I think that would help. i thought they had to for 911 calls but maybe I imagined that.

7/14/11, 1:44 PM   #13
Wrench Turner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtvwrocks View Post
I think my Garmin got confused with the County Road part - it's not very good with those. I'm coming from Indy - but I'll be honest I'm terrible with directions and don't even know where Brownstown is in relation to other places (Bloomington, Terre Haute, etc) I just put in the address and drive where the lady in the box tells me to.
I've found that if I leave the word "County Road" out of the address when I put it into my GPS, it usually finds what I'm looking for. ie. Instead of putting 476 East County Road 100 South, just put 476 East 100 South. Dunno why, but it works for mine. Maybe yours is different, but I thought I'd try to help. Best of luck in your search.

Matt Smedley

7/14/11, 1:45 PM   #14
smith19

Right next to the jail for those of you rowdy beer drinkin studs.....lol

7/14/11, 3:21 PM   #15
Brewer 14

The address for the Jackson County Jail in Brownstown is 150 East State Road 250 Brownstown, Indiana 47220. If you make it there you can not miss the fairgrounds/speedway. Hope that helps with your GPS system.

J.L. Brewer

7/14/11, 3:28 PM   #16
RedRacer07

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer 14 View Post
the address for the jackson county jail in brownstown is 150 east state road 250 brownstown, indiana 47220. If you make it there you can not miss the fairgrounds/speedway. Hope that helps with your gps system.

J.l. Brewer
hey you!!!...get back on the water truck!!!

7/14/11, 3:36 PM   #17
Brewer 14

@ Redracer Ok...Ok! by the was I was going to let you know I will be in the same place I was last year look me up.

7/14/11, 3:40 PM   #18
RedRacer07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewer 14 View Post
@ Redracer Ok...Ok! by the was I was going to let you know I will be in the same place I was last year look me up.
Great! Looking forward to it!
One young one and the neighbor coming with me

7/14/11, 4:33 PM   #19
Drtchsr

Race Count This Year: 34
Race Count Last Year: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggsy View Post
I'm a landmark driver, not sure about anyone else. So if landmarks help, you'll know it's time to turn left onto 250 when you see the Circle K on your right, a bank and a Huck's gas station across the street and to the right, and CVS across the street and to the left. Once you make that turn you simply cannot miss the track.

Bring me a Heath Bar Blizzard please.

There are also a slew of easily identifiable landmarks leading up to that intersection (McDonald's, Swifty gas station, courthouse, and Subway) to let you know you're getting close.

For some reason, though, my car always winds up going through the DQ drive-thru on the other side of the Circle K. Not sure how that keeps happening...
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brownstown