IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Ims to build dirt track, host lucrative usac midget ev
6/26/18, 6:00 PM   #11
Re: Usac: Ims to build dirt track, host lucrative usac midge
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Where do you see that is only for Thursday? I will say this, if that is for 2 days that is a heck of a bargain.
That's what I was thinking. $35-$50 for both days is a reasonable price IMO.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
6/26/18, 6:23 PM   #12
addictedtodirt

I agree with you, for both days. My fear is that is per day. Guessing $35 GA and $50 pit. Again, that is a guess and I will wait for the full details to come out.
Either way this is making for a great week to take off work. With a full slate of 6 USAC show's over 8 days. Sprints to kick off the days before the BC39 near St. Lou for 2 days, crown cars at DuQuoin, a break for travel back to Indy before the IMS midget shows and USAC sprints back at Gas City!

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, nathans1012, PIT CART, wildman92
6/26/18, 6:54 PM   #13
Jonr

People in Indiana really have no idea on what other people pay to watch a race. I am thinking about going to WOO show in Knoxville this weekend. This is just a middle of the summer two day show. GA is $30/night with reserved seating $37/night. For the Knoxville Nationals, it is a four day show and the prices are between $43/night to $49/night depending on location.

Tickets for this race being between $35 and $50/night is the proper price to charge. Race fans have been living with the "Indiana Discount" for so long that they have lost track of reality.

6/26/18, 7:08 PM   #14
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt View Post
I agree with you, for both days. My fear is that is per day. Guessing $35 GA and $50 pit. Again, that is a guess and I will wait for the full details to come out.
Either way this is making for a great week to take off work. With a full slate of 6 USAC show's over 8 days. Sprints to kick off the days before the BC39 near St. Lou for 2 days, crown cars at DuQuoin, a break for travel back to Indy before the IMS midget shows and USAC sprints back at Gas City!
I chatted with someone on the IMS site and the $50 is for the reserved seats in the upper half of the stands

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

6/26/18, 7:49 PM   #15
addictedtodirt

If that's the case, so be it John. I'll be there. In the best cheap seat I can get.

2 members like this post: BLASTER1, BrentTFunk
6/26/18, 9:57 PM   #16
BLASTER1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Where do you see that is only for Thursday? I will say this, if that is for 2 days that is a heck of a bargain.
Read here.... https://www.indianapolismotorspeedwa...6992BB825&_z=z

6/26/18, 10:22 PM   #17
Rapid Rick

Will all seating need to be constructed or will they use the North Vista?

6/26/18, 10:42 PM   #18
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt View Post
With a full slate of 6 USAC show's over 8 days. Sprints to kick off the days before the BC39 near St. Lou for 2 days, crown cars at DuQuoin, ...
Just the immediate 4 days will be good enough for some of us travelers: Wed+Thu at IMS, Fri at Gas City, Sat at Putnamville.

6/26/18, 10:48 PM   #19
Scooter

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: 50+

Great idea. Sounds like a bit of a cluster with shuttles n such. I’m sure they have a good plan!

We’ll see how it pans out...this is a great thing for dirt track racing.

6/27/18, 12:33 PM   #20
wcbrock02

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 12

You can buy a 2 day pit pass with no grandstand access for $65 so I'm guessing the $35-$50 might be for both days.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Ims to build dirt track, host lucrative usac midget ev