IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Analysis: NASCAR should learn lessons of Eldora
7/25/13, 11:45 AM   #11
Re: Analysis: NASCAR should learn lessons of Eldora
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

Every dirt track promoter should be running ads today & tomorrow: "Did you like the trucks on dirt Wed nite? Come to our track and see our local guys put on an even better show".

7/25/13, 6:19 PM   #12
Hamby812

Although I absolutely love and crave the idea of all 3 series on dirt in 2014 at Knoxville, eldora, Bristol, and/or Terre haute I don't think there's any need to jump the gun. Last night went over great but there were years of planning before the race plus testing. If you minimize those things the show will be a bust. 4+ races is to much. 1 race for the truck and one for the nationwide series is enough. Lets keep this what it is, a publicity stunt, sprint cup will likely never hit the dirt again. Nationwide probably will, but if you dump all the races out next year it will kill the buzz and flame out just like NASCAR is. People want events, if you do it all the time it's not desirable. If they were smart they'd milk this thing. They also need to make some changes. People(dirt fans) want a heavy track, for that to happen windshields would have to go. I personally think black slick is the way to go, it's a great equalizer. If it were a heavy track Larson woulda won by over half track, you don't need speed to put on a show. Also the segments are fine(considering the dangers involved making actual pits stops at eldora) but the final segments caution laps shouldn't count. The support classes should be ran in completion before which NASCAR series qualifies. Lose the locked in deal, provisionals will be after the top "x" amount are in the show. Show highlights of the support classes, possibly even the amain, during downtime at the track. I loved the tidbits of all the old dirt trackers talking about eldora. Last and probably most important we need dirt track announcers. I heard slide job 6billion times last night. I saw less than 10, every time someone went to the bottom it was an assumed slide job. Need more dirt savy people in the booth!!

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by Hamby812; 7/25/13 at 6:22 PM.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, wright59
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Analysis: NASCAR should learn lessons of Eldora