IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Car counts at Angell Park
7/15/09, 10:20 AM   #11
Re: Car counts at Angell Park
DonMoore10

Baue, you're going to get me going here and I need to stay off these forums! lol

I'm really not interested in discussing USAC midget racing. But to answer your last post, here are my thoughts about running or not running last night. Only one team in the United States decided to run against the 16-17 multi million dollar teams racing for $2500 that support the USAC Midget Series, so apparently those that did not show up last night are thinking alike. Let's put it this way, if they thought they could win, they would have been there. Otherwise, it's a waste of money and time. Enough said. By Mr. Miller's last published statement, he seems to be very happy with his midget racing, so there's no need to discuss his business here.

Secondly, you can label me anyway you chose, but I have posted over and over and over again on these boards sensible solutions to improving midget racing. And I have offered the use of my two dirt midgets for testing purposes. All of this has gone nowhere. In the meantime, car counts are dwindling near the low teens and in some case in the single digits. Wishing my cars will come out of the garage is not a solution. Talking about cars counts in the 90's doesn't solve a thing. Going after each others personality is not getting anywhere either. Talking about me and my trailer size doesn't solve anything.

I will start with two simple solutions:

1. When USAC and POWRi begin to pump and check engines, they will begin to establish some credibility that they are serious about improving midget racing and that their rule book is valid. It's my understanding that BADGER recently checked engines at one of their race meets. Hurray!!!!! Someone is checking for once. So for starters, the midget orgs need gain some credibility by enforcing the current rules. Once the current rules are enforced, then we have a basis to work from.

2. We can debate tires, wheels, engines etc etc till the cows come home, but these are almost 100% opinion. We need controlled tests with third party drivers/owners and look at the scientific data for answers, not somebody's opinion.

I will be in Medina, Ohio this weekend showing my AKC Boxer dog, Tommy. I don't see my midgets coming out of the garage anytime soon.
Last edited by DonMoore10; 7/15/09 at 10:29 AM.

7/15/09, 10:47 AM   #12
48modracer

Very few of the Powri guys will run at Sun Prairie. Part of it is the travel time for a lot of the guys that are based close to St. Louis, but part is also due to the mystic of Angell Park in that you have to have a big motor and th track is hard on equipment.

7/15/09, 11:27 AM   #13
LEADERS EDGE

Don;

I think any discussion about the present and future has to involve the past as the past indicates the future.

Best of luck to Tommy this weekend.

7/15/09, 5:26 PM   #14
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48modracer View Post
Very few of the Powri guys will run at Sun Prairie. Part of it is the travel time for a lot of the guys that are based close to St. Louis, but part is also due to the mystic of Angell Park in that you have to have a big motor and th track is hard on equipment.
Could they find a track in Illinois to run at?

7/15/09, 6:05 PM   #15
mnnonwing

One of the beat tracks I've ever been to big car count's or not!!!

7/16/09, 2:09 PM   #16
48modracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
Could they find a track in Illinois to run at?
I am sure that there are any number of tracks in northern Illinois that would be good, but I still don't know if the results would be any better. Loyet, Hess, Ray and Altig were the only regulars I have seen bounce from Powri to Badger on any regular basis.

7/16/09, 4:59 PM   #17
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48modracer View Post
I am sure that there are any number of tracks in northern Illinois that would be good, but I still don't know if the results would be any better. Loyet, Hess, Ray and Altig were the only regulars I have seen bounce from Powri to Badger on any regular basis.
I wondered if they picked a track in northern Illinois and then use Sun Prairie and trade off every week. Combine POWRI and Badger and switch tracks every Sunday, or even Saturday maybe?

7/16/09, 7:45 PM   #18
bullring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
I wondered if they picked a track in northern Illinois and then use Sun Prairie and trade off every week. Combine POWRI and Badger and switch tracks every Sunday, or even Saturday maybe?

I'd cast a vote for Lasalle Speedway. It's right on 39 and I think would be a great track for midgets. Plus I would be right in the center of the 2 tracks.

7/16/09, 9:40 PM   #19
E.P.

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post

1. When USAC and POWRi begin to pump and check engines, they will begin to establish some credibility that they are serious about improving midget racing and that their rule book is valid.
Once again a bunch of hogwash from DonMoore10. I emailed him proof that USAC checked engines complete with dates, locations, car numbers, everything from my notes during my tenure with USAC.

When presented with the proof he stated his computer wouldn't open the file. So I put the information in the text of the email instead of an attachment. I recieved no comment that was relevant to the information I provided. Diatribe all diatribe.

On another note I will say it's nice to see DonMoore10 feeling well enough to give the forum a little workout. Nice to have you around again DonMoore10.

7/16/09, 9:59 PM   #20
DonMoore10

Post the date and year on this forum that an engine was checked by POWRi and/or USAC. Not interested in the dark ages when you work for them. Tell where and when in the last few years or how about this season.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Car counts at Angell Park