IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Pavement Midget Perspective
7/25/09, 1:13 PM   #11
Re: Pavement Midget Perspective
sadmidgetman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson36 View Post
Leaders Edge,

I think the simple explanation for you would be, you can't successfully sign races with a car count of 8 midgets. The promoters need to have more cars show up to make it more appealing for the spectator. What I think Dan was getting at was the fact that for midget racing to survive the midwestern clubs need to work together to ensure good 16-24 car fields for the promotors of these tracks to continue to sign races.

On one hand Dan was trying his damndest to get those good car counts by co-sanctioning with UMARA and USAC, but on the other hand he also was doing his best to control the costs in order to allow his guys to run a full season without going broke.

All the while getting flack from other places on what he thought needed to be done.
Very well said Jimmy........I should have put it that way. I think it should have come from a racer.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Pavement Midget Perspective