IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500 tips and there are still tickets left.
5/23/17, 2:58 PM   #11
Re: Little 500 tips and there are still tickets left.
melatamazon

This will be my 25th year, I sit in the third row from the top of the big stand in 3/4. I love going to this race.

Tips: if you sit up in the stands watch where you stepping moving up and down, lots of uneven boards

There are a lot of neat things to see during the day, if you are going to Indy and need to get to a hotel try an park near the exit, the parking lot is kind of a free for all after the race

Bring warm clothes, the coldest I have ever been (and I have spent some significant time in northern Norway) has been up in those stands

You will see some of the hardest/best racing you have ever seen. Keep an eye on the pit stops, some of them should be on America's funniest home videos

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
5/23/17, 3:05 PM   #12
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Not wise, Expected sell out.
Yea I know but if it sells out I guess it's not a HUGE deal. And I can't imagine that someone wouldn't have a ticket for their buddy who couldn't make it.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
5/23/17, 4:57 PM   #13
Chase Hightower

Get a breaded tenderloin in turn 1.

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, davidm, Jim Gardner, PIT CART, tirespinner
5/24/17, 8:26 AM   #14
ossuks

EAR PLUGS or you will hear the bees for a week!!

5/24/17, 9:05 AM   #15
dirtinmynachos

Race Count This Year: 30
Race Count Last Year: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyCbus View Post
Last year sat in the really High grandstand in 3 and 4 hated those seats with a passion. Could feel the grandstand swaying in the wind and the people well A-holes in front of me were smoking and it was blowing in my face and they thought it was funny and it just about came to blows.
That's what I hate about reserved seating events. A-holes can ruin a perfectly good night. That and I'm a bit claustrophobic.

I've been to Anderson three times. One Glen Neibel Classic and two Little 500s. The first 500 was in the top row of the rickety front stretch stands (I do not trust leaning on that railing!!) and last year down low between 1&2. The view from the turn was great, but I couldn't see the far set of pit stops very well.

If the weather holds, I'll be at Thursday's practice and qualifying, but I'm still undecided about going to the race. I may do Lincoln Park instead.

1 member likes this post: scottyCbus
5/24/17, 9:33 AM   #16

27th Little 500. Will be setting top row on Front Stretch. Ear plugs or headset is a must. You will not be able to hear PA during the green flag. They do broadcast the PA on a radio station. Seats are tight, we normally alternate between setting and standing since we are on top row. You will get hit with tire pieces, no worse than being at the dirt track. Have fun, this race is awesome. Like indy, it has several traditions. Family and Friends, many drivers are from the state. Even the ones that are not bring several people with them. If your a person who likes to make loud comments for everyone to here, remember these people are setting around you. I only remind you of this because I have seen few quieted over the years .

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500 tips and there are still tickets left.