IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Attn: All track promoters and employees
4/12/11, 2:45 PM   #11
Re: Attn: All track promoters and employees
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Dear Lawrenceburg Speedway, Thank you for taking the steps necessary to have a good track on Saturday night, Providing a entertaining program and a generally good time. This can be said for all the employees. Teams and other fans who showed up.

Dear Eldora, Thank you to the teams who worked their arses off to try to put on a show. Several employees as well did the right things and worked very hard. I'll be back when you get it together. Amen

Dear LPS. I didn't attend so I can't comment except for thanks for completing a show for all those who choose to stay and participate. I can say that Before and Since, D.A I have had a very good time there on my visits.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/12/11 at 2:50 PM.

1 member likes this post: Dave Rudisell
4/12/11, 3:07 PM   #12
terrehautian

I had a great time last Saturday at Putnamville, there were a few bumps when I was there, but it was fun. Between the power outage and the ambulance being stuck down to the frame on the track (while those are bad things, it sorta adds a funny thing to the night), it was great to see racing and have a good laugh. Spiker and company controlled everythign really good.

4/12/11, 3:07 PM   #13
illiNOISE

I've put a lot of miles on my car chasing racing over the last several years, as both a fan and as an official. So my heart went out to everyone involved at LPS Saturday night; it's never fun when things go wrong, and you're wearing an officials shirt. I'll give them a pat on the back for trying to make the best of a really bad set of circumstances. Sometimes you just run into the proverbial "perfect storm."

1 member likes this post: Xflagman
4/12/11, 3:34 PM   #14
openwheelfan1

Well said Mr. Gardner, well said. Thank you to all who work so hard and risk so much for the sport.

1 member likes this post: 31bro
4/12/11, 4:38 PM   #15
kcarm92

Very well said Bill, with all the rain we had saturday we made the choice to leave our sprint cars at home. We still went racing at lps.didnt complaine knew before we went what it was going to be but went anyway. so did alot of others.from the looks of the stands and pits guess some people realy believe the saying it never rains in downtown putnamville , but we now know better LOL, thanks Joe and crew for getting the show in saturday

4/12/11, 5:18 PM   #16
SprintManDave

Thanks to Dave Rudisell and Joe Spiker and all of their employees for getting the show in,and though I wanted to be at both tracks Saturday it was not possible,but I just wanted to say thanks for the effort. Complaining can only hurt racing,so if you are not happy,stay home and keep quiet,if you love racing.

4/12/11, 9:48 PM   #17
racephoto1

I went to Brownstown for the Icebreaker. They got an 1.5 inches of rain. They worked their butts off down there and had some incredible racing. Tin tops it may have been, but with racing like this;

IMG_2685 copy by uncloose1, on Flickr

I can't complain. They also had a full house, and were done with 4 divisions by 12;30. Not bad at all.

2 members like this post: awnunn, Haulerin2deep
4/13/11, 10:23 AM   #18
Kansasdirtfan

An excellent post, Bill, and very appropriate. Thank you.

4/13/11, 1:41 PM   #19
IndyBound

Bill, thank you for starting this positive thread. An Congratulations to you and Brian on your win last Saturday!

Mudpacker knowns how much this Manzanita race fan misses her home track and how fast the rug was pulled out from under the valley race fans when Manzy went away. On a positive note I have heard great things about ET Motorsports new facility east of Phoenix, the valley race fans are lucky a new venue is on the horizon to run sprint cars at.

To all of the negative posters I second Mudpackers thoughts be careful what you wish for when a racing venue like Manzy is lost it is very rare that a new racing venue is built in the same area. It is also rare when a race track comes up for sale that there is a buyer standing in line that wants to continue to operate it as a race track. I have refrained lately about talking about my other home track Oswego Speedway Home of the Supermodifieds, for those of you that don't know Oswego is going thru a sale right now. It has been an on going process since last September, just recently they have had to postpone the May 7th ISMA race because the sale still is not finalized. Since Christmas time I have heard at least six times the paper work was finalized only to have one snag after another prevent the paper work from being finalized.

So to all those bashing Eldora and Tony Stewart ask yourself where Eldora would be today if Tony didn't step up to buy it? Would you prefer a shopping mall or new housing development sit where Eldora sits today? I for one don't want to see anymore of these famed race tracks lost.

Most of the mid-west race tracks try to open at least a month to month and a half earlier than what I was accustom to growing up in central N. Y., you should consider yourselfs lucky you can get an extra four to six weeks of racing if the weather co-operates than we would on a pavement track.

K. O. & D. O. described my thoughts exactly on this weeks show "mid-west racing in the springtime is a crap shoot at best".

This weekend sounds like mother nature may prevail again, all I can say is support those that try and don't condemn those that pull the plug they are all dealing with what mother nature sends their way.

Patti

4 members like this post: Fontana180, Kansasdirtfan, Mud Packer, SHORTBUS
4/13/11, 10:37 PM   #20
Need For Speed

Guys, defend whatever you want, or whoever you want.

Eldora's bashing is well deserved. True, the track crew can't control the weather. HOWEVER, the track prep has sucked there for years!!!

Larry Kemp calls the shots. The rest of the guys are not allowed to water the track, run in the cushion, or anything else, unless the OK comes from Larry Kemp, so the buck stops with him.

As we all know, racing is a performance business. If a certian brand of engine, chassis, tire, etc don't 'work', it get's junked/not used anymore. If a hired driver crashes every time out, or if a hired driver has the best equipment but runs last, he gets fired from the ride. You don't perform, you're out of here.

Eldora's head honcho has repeatedly screwed up the racing surface, not once, or every once in a while-consistantly.

It's either incompetance, or indifferance....maybe both. It sure as hell can't be an accident, not this many times.
Last edited by Need For Speed; 4/13/11 at 10:43 PM.

3 members like this post: dirt330, jim goerge, SHORTBUS
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Attn: All track promoters and employees