IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Danica patrick
2/17/13, 6:17 PM   #11
Re: Danica patrick
duel

I like the racing at Daytona but watching them qualify is really boring. In recent years I can't even remeber a car breaking loose.

2/17/13, 6:34 PM   #12
speedracer40

Before jimmy Johnson qualified he said "a monkey can qualify here, so I'm gonna be another monkey, just hold it to te floor and hope the wind plays in your favor"

Posted via Mobile Device

2/17/13, 7:13 PM   #13
egh170

If you think the fix wasn't in, watch what happens when she races. They will have a difficult time fixin' that.

3 members like this post: luckybuc97, RJ21, speed bump
2/17/13, 8:17 PM   #14
WBR 3E

The TV coverage showed an interesting comparison of her lap superimposed over her TSR teammate's; she was slower through the corners but drove right by on the straightaway. NASCAR has never allowed a favored driver a few extra HP to influence the outcome have they? Ha.

3 members like this post: PIT CART, team3521, turn4
2/17/13, 8:34 PM   #15
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBR 3E View Post
The TV coverage showed an interesting comparison of her lap superimposed over her TSR teammate's; she was slower through the corners but drove right by on the straightaway. NASCAR has never allowed a favored driver a few extra HP to influence the outcome have they? Ha.
reminds me of the heart wrenching scene (sniff, sniff) of Dale Jr passing 7 cars on the last lap, or two, to win the first race run at Daytona after big Dale's death....yeah right.... NAPCAR is the WWE of auto raing

4 members like this post: I Miss Manzy, koolaid89, speed bump, team3521
2/17/13, 9:19 PM   #16
kidrock

I remember when My niece used to go and win against the boys in go karts and we used to hear the jealousy come out of the dad's. Sounds the same on here about Danica. Yeah she might not do as well in the race itself but, I will give her credit anyway. Congrats Danica on your pole today. No other women heck for that matter a lot of other experienced racers have not accomplished what you did today.

2/17/13, 11:08 PM   #17
EBookerFan

Isn't it great that 4 of the top 5 qualifers were open wheel drivers before they moved to the stock cars and the money that they can earn there. Where did this Bayne guy come from? It may not be a big deal to some of you angry white men out there but I know how exicted I got when my granddaughter sat on the pole with her go kart.

2/18/13, 12:25 AM   #18
RacingGirl10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
I always thought she liked sittin on the Pole......

Posted via Mobile Device
It's quotes like these that make me pray every day that my daughter never wants to sit in a race car. It truly is a man's sport and if a woman tries to enter they are ridiculed in ways that a man would never have to endure (looks, weight, relationship status). No one on here knows anything about her personal life (which the exception of a few). Sure you don't like her because she gets too much media attention (clearly her fault) or because she came across bi@&y in an interview a couple of times (something no man has ever done). But people like you are why she is a sponsor's dream. Everytime she does anything, good, or bad, there's a thread on here with hundreds of views. You can say what you will about her, but today she showed thousands of young girls that if you want to do something, even if its tough, get out there and do it and that, to me, is not a bad thing.

Posted via Mobile Device

2/18/13, 12:44 AM   #19
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingGirl10 View Post
It's quotes like these that make me pray every day that my daughter never wants to sit in a race car. It truly is a man's sport and if a woman tries to enter they are ridiculed in ways that a man would never have to endure (looks, weight, relationship status). No one on here knows anything about her personal life (which the exception of a few). Sure you don't like her because she gets too much media attention (clearly her fault) or because she came across bi@&y in an interview a couple of times (something no man has ever done). But people like you are why she is a sponsor's dream. Everytime she does anything, good, or bad, there's a thread on here with hundreds of views. You can say what you will about her, but today she showed thousands of young girls that if you want to do something, even if its tough, get out there and do it and that, to me, is not a bad thing.

Posted via Mobile Device
I think you misunderstand there, mam......I really like the girl.....She starts in P1.......Hope she bodes well in the race next week.........

2/18/13, 9:06 AM   #20
Indy

Anybody remember 1996 and Loy Allen? The first rookie to sit on the pole at Daytona with Hooters sponsorship. Lasted a couple of years and didn't make much of a splash after that. Not saying this will happen to Danica but, restricter plate qualifying is about the people who mouint the bodies, the engine builders and engineers, not so much the drivers. The next few races will show her talent level to this point. I hope she does well, but the kudos go to the team for getting her a slick, fast racecar.
Last edited by Indy; 2/18/13 at 9:08 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Danica patrick