Register! Forgot Password?
Tom23 (Offline)
  #11 8/17/13 10:26 AM
Looks like they lost the keys to the water truck again

Posted via Mobile Device
Hubie (Offline)
  #12 8/17/13 10:38 AM
Wow

I used to go every year just to remind myself I was alive! That Ferris Wheel spinning outside the first turn, along with all the sights and sounds of both racing and the state fair.

but like everything, they screwed it up by thinking they just need to unlock the gate
deadbird (Offline)
  #13 8/17/13 10:49 AM
My favorite memory was standing at the inside rail at end of front straight and seeing the tires of the midgets all stretched out from spinng so fast. Looked like they were twice their normal height and half their width! I sure do miss how the sport was back in the 90s.

Posted via Mobile Device
bus man (Offline)
  #14 8/17/13 10:51 AM
Making a memory now, standing at the guardrail between. Turn 1&2. Been going to the mile dirt tracks for 30 years never been this close to them at full song. Usually I'm working on one, but this cool.

Posted via Mobile Device
ThePurple73 (Offline)
  #15 8/17/13 11:49 AM
I am still trying to get used to not seeing the "Blue 56" car with Dave Darland at the wheel. It was a standard in champ cars.
I remember standing in the number 1 turn watching Steve Chassey break the track record in the Genesee Beer Wagon.

I miss seeing Rich Vogler work his way up in the Louis Seymour 29. I miss Johnny Parsons coming from wayyyyyyyyy back in almost any car he drove.
I miss the Jo ol car with Larry Dickson and Gary B in the Delrose-Holt car. I miss watching Roger Rager.

But I like watching the Dave Darland, Tracy Hines, Swansons and the beautiful blue with the gold leaf #90 out of PA, #21 of Brian Tyler and many others.

Just being at a fairgrounds dirt champ race helps you put your year into perspective...its good karma....not much is better.