IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ronmil (Offline)
  #11 9/3/22 3:07 AM
I left without seeing the sprint feature also. Just way too much of a program. Ruined the event.

Ron Miller
9 Likes: Chief Wahoo, Dirt Trackker, luckybuc97, oppweld, PAW, PIT CART, Rapid Rick, Rpracing1, tirespinner
wildman92 (Offline)
  #12 9/3/22 8:35 AM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
Is that Cummings or Cummins in fifth?
Kyle

Jen Kelley (she/her)
4 Likes: DirtTrackTherapy16J, racenut69, ronmil, tirespinner
DaleDuBois (Offline)
  #13 9/3/22 9:58 AM
Where would the full results be posted for the MSCS sprints last night, 9/2/22.
2 Likes: Dale, tirespinner
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #14 9/3/22 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by DaleDuBois:
Where would the full results be posted for the MSCS sprints last night, 9/2/22.
If you are referring to this mornings MSCS results, I would give them several hours as I am sure they are still snoozing.
11 Likes: Chief Wahoo, Dale, Dirtfan, DirtTrackTherapy16J, Grocery Guy, luckybuc97, oppweld, PIT CART, racenut69, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #15 9/3/22 10:24 AM
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #16 9/3/22 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by wildman92:
1:22am. Sprint feature pushing off.

1:35am finish.

Leary. Ensign. Mcdougal. Bacon. Cummins.

1:45 home. Thank God for that short drive. It’s the only reason we stayed
Stayed until the end. Arrived home at 3:17. Going out now to eat breakfast/lunch.

Bruce & Pat Eckel
10 Likes: chrismattlin, Dirtfan, DirtTrackTherapy16J, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, mc/rider, progressive22, tirespinner, TNRustler
Dirt Trackker (Offline)
  #17 9/3/22 12:30 PM
You lived up to your user name Wingless Lovers - congrats on making it through that enduro
3 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #18 9/3/22 1:17 PM
We didn’t make the drive to Bloomington (Thank GOD!) but I kept track of the progress(?) of the event on race monitor.

I know Bloomington had a huge turnout of competitors and from all reports a great crowd, and for that I’m happy for them. I also have seen they had several incidents on the track that slowed the program. BUT, finishing a program after 1:30 AM is unacceptable.

In today’s world, any track near housing or a metropolitan area is a target for people trying to find an excuse to close it. Even though I know Bloomington requires mufflers, racing in to the early morning just gives people looking for an excuse the ammunition they may need. Yes, I know….in most instances people CHOSE to move next to/near a racetrack, but that choice doesn’t stop them from trying to close it after they move in.

Too many short tracks are under attack for a track to be a bad neighbor. Have a “B” plan, or even a “B”, “C”, and “D” plan for if things go sideways so you can get fans and competitors homeward bound at a decent hour and get your facility shut down at an hour that keeps your neighbors from trying to close you.
9 Likes: bullringko, captrat, chrismattlin, DirtTrackTherapy16J, dkdorkboy, Ilovedirttrackracing, racenut69, tirespinner, TNRustler
mc/rider (Offline)
  #19 9/3/22 2:19 PM
Originally Posted by WinglessLovers:
Stayed until the end. Arrived home at 3:17. Going out now to eat breakfast/lunch.

Bruce & Pat Eckel
Practice for the 4Crown in a few weeks

When in doubt Gas It
14 Likes: chrismattlin, DirtTrackTherapy16J, dstensland, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, oppweld, PIT CART, Rapid Rick, rick42, rimrider69, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #20 9/3/22 2:57 PM
Originally Posted by rpracing1:
if you are referring to this mornings mscs results....

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
3 Likes: luckybuc97, PAW, tirespinner