IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Meseraull Claims $5k in BOSS / Hensel Memorial
8/17/15, 4:39 PM   #11
Re: Meseraull Claims $5k in BOSS / Hensel Memorial
Will Shunk

Again, I was at Fremont and talking to many fans around me. The thirty something's and their little fans complaining early about dragging the show out, got up an left the grounds about 10 pm, missing the feature races. All of us old die hards need to listen to those that have a future stake in the racing we have loved for many years. Young people and families want a show in 3 hours or less. Their complaint about qualifying was legitimate and they probably won't come back since they left before the great feature show Cottle and Hewitt put on for the gray beards. Just reporting what I was told during conversations with fans around me. If you were there and heard otherwise you need to report that information. If you are reporting here your opinions, wants, and desires, please state your comments as such. See you at the races!

2 members like this post: dkdorkboy, tirespinner
8/17/15, 5:00 PM   #12
Chris Wilson

Race Count Last Year: 27

As someone that lobbied with Aaron in favor of qualifying since nearly the beginning, I was happy to see him try it. I sure didn't see anyone leaving the race track before the features. The cream always seems to rise to the top regardless of format. But at least if you qualify bad, you can only blame yourself vs. the pill draw which is total luck. Fremont runs about as efficient a show as you could ask for and the track was excellent all night.
It was a great show.

8/17/15, 5:16 PM   #13
Will Shunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wilson View Post
As someone that lobbied with Aaron in favor of qualifying since nearly the beginning, I was happy to see him try it. I sure didn't see anyone leaving the race track before the features. The cream always seems to rise to the top regardless of format. But at least if you qualify bad, you can only blame yourself vs. the pill draw which is total luck. Fremont runs about as efficient a show as you could ask for and the track was excellent all night.
It was a great show.
Chris, I respect your position on qualifying. I guess the paying fans will be the ultimate judge at the front gate. I hope to see you and Chad at WRP on Saturday.

2 members like this post: Chris Wilson, tirespinner
8/17/15, 5:19 PM   #14
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Maybe it did, I will say I wasn't there. But like I said, Done right, Qualifying shouldn't and doesn't interfear with the show.

Race times 7. Start hotlaps at 530 qualify 6-645 and race at 7

I don't get it? What time the feature get done? or racing get started for that matter?

Chuck who loves single car qualifying

8/17/15, 5:45 PM   #15
Chris Wilson

Race Count Last Year: 27

I believe the feature was done at 10:45ish.

8/17/15, 5:46 PM   #16
sprinter14

First off I want to thank everyone for their input. Also a very big thank you to everyone who supports the series as promoters, fans, crews, drivers and sponsors are what makes me proud to have this series. I do listen to and consider everyone's opinions and appreciate constructive criticism.

Standard BOSS shows will remain with the draw / redraw format. We used time trials at Fremont because $5,000 to win is a lot of money on the line. The format used on Saturday did still provide the passing and excitement we are know for. From now on, BOSS shows that pay $2,500 to win or more will use the qualifying format. We have offers on the table for several more high paying shows next season.

We hope to see everyone at our remaining shows:

Friday 9-4: Moler
Saturday 9-12: Montpelier, IN
Saturday 9-19: Waynesfield
Saturday 10-3: Fremont
Saturday 10-10: Eldora

The race scheduled for Sunday, September 6th at 35 Raceway has been cancelled.

8/17/15, 6:44 PM   #17
Sprintcarfanatic

Dadgummit I was looking forward to the Moler & 35 races, guess it will just be Moler.

My 1 pet peeve is when the guys run low 14's & high 15's & ya got a guy running a 19 second lap. Cmon man. 2 seconds off would be bad enough & I like high car counts but if you can't run faster than the trucks it needs to stay on the trailer.

There was only 1 heat where the fella didn't make the transfer & I do believe he ended up 3rd in the feature.

I got home at 1 am. Sure would have liked to have seen Wolters take it. Maybe someday. Great run by Brian Smith, he seems to do ok without the wing. Someone sign him up for BOSS next year.

Cottle would have made it really interesting if he wouldn't have slid out of the groove in turn 2 a couple of times.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/17/15, 9:51 PM   #18
JK

I was at Fremont and thoroughly enjoyed the show. The qualifying was good for driver exposure as they go out one at a time and the announcer can talk about each driver, car owner and sponsor. I thought the racing program moved along nicely all night long. I stayed and watched every feature Saturday night and even with an hour drive I was still home by 12:30a.m.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, fish
8/17/15, 10:03 PM   #19
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Congratulations!!!

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Meseraull Claims $5k in BOSS / Hensel Memorial