IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Your fav thing at smackdown
8/25/13, 1:13 PM   #11
Re: Your fav thing at smackdown
FEATHERDUSTER

The way the entire staff at Kokomo works hard throughout the entire race to see that we the fans enjoy a clean racing facility with good food and friendly service.
I two second the idea of parading the drivers down the grandstands so that we can put a face with a name and it we are luck maybe catch a free t-shirt and a ticket to next years race.
Thank You Kokomo!

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, koolaid89, mowerman, racegal, racing2bwithu2
8/25/13, 1:18 PM   #12
Tumey's 55

Friday nights exhibition by Shane Cottle. His drive to the front in the B and the feature was impressive. Darland picking up two wins with nearly flawless performances was a thing to behold also.
Last edited by Tumey's 55; 8/25/13 at 1:22 PM.

8/25/13, 1:34 PM   #13
BeerCloud

Shane Cottle's run on friday night for me also. It was like watching the Haud back in his early years. Great piece of driving.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Onlydirt, racegal, racing2bwithu2
8/25/13, 2:07 PM   #14
Racing_is_life

Race Count Last Year: 73

My personal favorite was the kickball game and the driver introductions on Saturday.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: racegal, racing2bwithu2
8/25/13, 2:10 PM   #15
Onlydirt

Cant Wait for SMACKDOWN III!

8/25/13, 4:20 PM   #16
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

After last years inaugural event, this was the one that I anticipated seeing all year. It certainly didn't disappoint.

1)Outstanding racing through out the field by the best traditional sprint car drivers around. Just one example, Shane Cottle passed 50 cars in three nights putting on a show.

2)Tremendous track prep by Reece and crew. Difficult to do one night per weekend but three in a row.

3)Enjoy visiting with friends that I have made through the IOW board. This is becoming "the" meeting place.

4)Witnessing an event not just a race. Three days of intense racing on the best prepared weekly track in Indiana. Thanks to the O'Conner family for working tirelessly to give us the opportunity to watch this.

5)And last but not least, thank you to the drivers who got up on the wheel and put on one heck of a show; to the car owners and crews who put in lots of hours to make sure your equipment was ready for the task at hand. You are the show.

Sorry, I guess I had more than one favorite.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
Last edited by Mud Packer; 8/25/13 at 4:21 PM.

8/26/13, 4:52 PM   #17
JarrettFarms73

I wanted to simmer on this before I posted. The thought that keeps coming to my mind are the battles for transfer spots, especially Friday. Holy cow did they go after it!!

Bonuses would be Cottle passing 50 cars in 3 days and getting to talk to the out of state fans about tracks I've never... make that not yet made it to.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: racegal
8/26/13, 5:01 PM   #18
duel

Got home at 2pm Sunday. Opened up a growler of summer-wheat I picked up at the half moon and reflected back on what a great time I had. Time went way fast for 3 nights of intense racing. Track prep perfect. Cottle's runs, Hines winning the 1st heat Saturday, Hagen missing the feature on the last lap battle in the semi, and Darland's dominating performance of cushion riding. All the new people you meet and trying to catch up with others. Can't pick just one too much fun.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Jerry Spencer, racegal
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Your fav thing at smackdown