IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
mlamb (Offline)
  #11 9/21/22 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by richie:
The final race of the night (Silver Crown) checkered at 12:05am Eastern in 2021.
I attended the 4 crown last year, I couldn’t say enough good things about how efficiently that program was ran. I was extremely pleased with my choice to attend that race.
I know the guy running Eldora last year is no longer there and there’s a new guy.
I sure hope he does as well, but the bar got set pretty high IMO last year.
3 Likes: flagboy55, PIT CART, tirespinner
richie (Offline)
  #12 9/21/22 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by reeserx:
I think he’s talking about one of the years there was a huge rain delay and the decision wasn’t made until really late. I don’t think he was referring to last year
Yes, I am aware. Just was pointing out that that's not the norm.
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, fish, Ilovedirttrackracing, reeserx, tirespinner
tirespinner (Offline)
  #13 9/21/22 4:09 PM
And after Midnight is okay?
richie (Offline)
  #14 9/21/22 4:11 PM
Originally Posted by tirespinner:
And after Midnight is okay?
Nobody was saying that.
2 Likes: Ilovedirttrackracing, tirespinner
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #15 9/21/22 10:21 PM
My buddy 76 will probably roast me for this, but when I go to the 4 Crowns, it’s a unique event. I really don’t expect it to be done at 10:30. Think of the volume of racing, all headliners in their own right, many driver’s doing double and triple duty, all in one night. It’s going to take longer. Please don’t confuse this event with any other, there’s really no comparison.
15 Likes: Bostonian, BrentTFunk, Chief Wahoo, Dale, dkdorkboy, duel, Eatin Dirt, erich45, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, mlamb, RichH, tamati, TommyTipover, wallbanger II
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #16 9/22/22 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by reeserx:
I think he’s talking about one of the years there was a huge rain delay and the decision wasn’t made until really late. I don’t think he was referring to last year
Maybe 2016? I left Eldora around 1:30 a.m. and they hadn't even STARTED the Silver Crown feature yet. They re-worked the track to the nth degree for it was drier than a bone.

I got back to Stevensville around 6:30 a.m. I came into the house, was in the kitchen, looking for something to eat, and Sue woke up, came walking in and said, "Man, you're up early."

I guess it is all perspective.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
9 Likes: Charles Nungester, duel, Eatin Dirt, ericg25, flagboy55, Hubie48, Ilovedirttrackracing, reeserx, tirespinner
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #17 9/23/22 11:01 AM
Eldora bound!!!
2 Likes: ericg25, Ilovedirttrackracing
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #18 9/23/22 3:27 PM
Arrived at the great ELDORA. We’re parked right across from the showers. As usual I’m the guy with the Red Wings hat, and all the answers 😉
minispeed (Offline)
  #19 9/23/22 4:51 PM
Anyone know if there is a driver running all four classes this year?
richie (Offline)
  #20 9/23/22 6:14 PM
Originally Posted by minispeed:
Anyone know if there is a driver running all four classes this year?
Chris Windom & Logan Seavey
9 Likes: Chief Wahoo, Dirtfan, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, luckybuc97, mc/rider, OnTheHammer, racenut69, tirespinner