IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > so...
7/24/09, 10:01 AM   #11
Re: so...
itsanonwingthing

Race Count This Year: 23
Race Count Last Year: 51

With the Silver Crown race going green to checkered w/o a caution, that tends to lead to a less exciting race as it goes on. The fast guys pull away, some cars begin to fall out, and others are off the pace. A few cautions may have made it a little more interesting. None the less, it was exciting to feel the grandstands shake and your ear drums rattle, as the Crown cars went past the main grandstand. It was nice to see a good field of cars on hand in both divisions.

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
7/24/09, 10:10 AM   #12
LEADERS EDGE

I'm just glad they had a big crowd and great car counts. Races are always subject to scrutiny. Rob didn't like this one while others were just happy to have racing.

Personally; I'm just glad we are all still in a position to have the chance to pass judgements on something such as a race.

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
7/24/09, 10:14 AM   #13
Re: so................................................ ...............
throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
Rob,

I really feel for you. If you want to see boring, go to both the NASCRAP races at ORP and see how much you like that. Better yet, go to the Brickyard and then come back and let us know how exciting the racing is. From what I heard, last years version was a classic.
i have been to all of these races and can tell you that i have only been once. the only reason that i went to any of them in the first place was because the tickets were free........i would NEVER pay to go to any of the nascar races...with that being said i have seen lots of boring open wheel races...but i still go back time after time for the love of the cars/drivers and excitement. however last night the racing did not appeal to me and i would have compared it to watching one of the nascar races there......

7/24/09, 11:04 AM   #14
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
Some Silver Crown races are better than others...

For me, I just love the cars themselves...
Me, too. I'm glad to hear someone say something like this, because my reason for not going to many supermodified races, in spite of the number of good ones I've seen, is that I don't like the cars. They are, IMHO, ugly.

I remember many years ago, headed out to Springfield with the Seymours. A new member of the crew was going to his first dirt car race. I gave him the speech about these shows being all about tradition, etc., and warned him not to expect the kind of action he had seen at sprint races. Damned in the race didn't turn out to be a barn burner, once of the best I'd ever seen. You just can't tell.

Finally, I'll always prefer dirt, but I thought last night was quite good, for a pavement race.

I suppose I should add one snarky comment. It was at least as good as the typical WoO race. :-)

7/24/09, 11:05 AM   #15
racer-x

The crowd there last night really didnt seem like a bunch of Nascar fans..To tell you the truth i dont even remember seeing a Jr or crybaby Kyle Dush t shirt in the stands. It has been a long time since i have seen over 30 silver crown cars at a pavement race! To me watching a start of a silver crown race with that many cars is worth the admission(some guy in the parking lot sold me 2 tickets for 20 bucks).. I have gone to the silver crown race on nascar weekend for about as many yrs as there has been a brickyard race and i dont ever remember them as being side by side sitting on the edge of your seat races..This race kinda reminds me of the Hoosier 100,they are both traditional races but not the most exciting.
The midget race was a great race and BC made some good passes in the early laps to get to the front. Any person that wants to argue about BC not being the hottest thing in usac hasnt been to the races we have seen in Indiana the last few weeks!
I kinda feel bad i had such a good time on a Thursday night when i had to spend all of Ten bucks to see a show like that!

ANY IDEA WHY THE BIG AMERICAN FLAG IN THE MIDDLE WAS AT HALF MAST ALL NIGHT? CAUSE I DIDNT SEE ALOT OF MICHAEL JACKSON LOOKING FANS IN THE STANDS?

7/24/09, 11:16 AM   #16
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
The crowd there last night really didnt seem like a bunch of Nascar fans..?
They were. NASCAR fans are the ones that think you have to stand,even when you can see everything perfectly sitting down.

Note to Pat Sullivan,in the future races please ask the fans not to stand!

7/24/09, 11:28 AM   #17
psullivan

I didn't except for the prayer -- Rob handled the openings - but if I had - I would have too - that's part of the deal - If you don't want to - don't

7/24/09, 11:34 AM   #18
COTTLE FAN

for my first time ever to a pavement race i enjoyed the midget feature yea the silver crown race didnt excite me but i had fun watching the midgets. i would go back

7/24/09, 11:43 AM   #19
bgerster

Did anyone notice Kody's drive from 19th to 6th (without a yellow). That must have been boring to watch!

bg

1 member likes this post: billwill7
7/24/09, 11:53 AM   #20
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
The crowd there last night really didnt seem like a bunch of Nascar fans..To tell you the truth i dont even remember seeing a Jr or crybaby Kyle Dush t shirt in the stands. It has been a long time since i have seen over 30 silver crown cars at a pavement race! To me watching a start of a silver crown race with that many cars is worth the admission(some guy in the parking lot sold me 2 tickets for 20 bucks).. I have gone to the silver crown race on nascar weekend for about as many yrs as there has been a brickyard race and i dont ever remember them as being side by side sitting on the edge of your seat races..This race kinda reminds me of the Hoosier 100,they are both traditional races but not the most exciting.
The midget race was a great race and BC made some good passes in the early laps to get to the front. Any person that wants to argue about BC not being the hottest thing in usac hasnt been to the races we have seen in Indiana the last few weeks!
I kinda feel bad i had such a good time on a Thursday night when i had to spend all of Ten bucks to see a show like that!

ANY IDEA WHY THE BIG AMERICAN FLAG IN THE MIDDLE WAS AT HALF MAST ALL NIGHT? CAUSE I DIDNT SEE ALOT OF MICHAEL JACKSON LOOKING FANS IN THE STANDS?
The flag was at half mast due to the death of former Indiana Chief Justice Richard Givan
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > so...