IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo smackdown addition
1/6/18, 11:21 PM   #11
cshuman

What question did I miss regarding the WAR schedule? I am an open book with our stuff, ask away. I think it is interesting that again you choose to try and make something out of a simple question, a question that would be completely fine if someone else asked it.. I still live in Indiana, I still race sprint cars and silver crown cars with Usac so the seat rules absolutely apply to me, and I struggle to understand the reasoning. Apparently I’m only allowed to comment on a message board if it has to do with WAR lol...
Last edited by cshuman; 1/6/18 at 11:24 PM.

1/6/18, 11:34 PM   #12
Re: Kokomo smackdown addition
duel

I like BOSS. I thought they were a lot about open competition. I am half confused. Run midgets and pay $1500 to win.

1/7/18, 6:53 AM   #13
PJ Wright

When I heard about this I had two thoughts: 1. Great idea! An awesome event just got better!
2. The chronic complainers will dig deep and find something to gripe about.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

1/7/18, 9:14 AM   #14
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
What question did I miss regarding the WAR schedule? I am an open book with our stuff, ask away. I think it is interesting that again you choose to try and make something out of a simple question, a question that would be completely fine if someone else asked it.. I still live in Indiana, I still race sprint cars and silver crown cars with Usac so the seat rules absolutely apply to me, and I struggle to understand the reasoning. Apparently I’m only allowed to comment on a message board if it has to do with WAR lol...
I bumped it from page 2 back to the first page. You liked the second and third comments, so I know you already saw it.

1/7/18, 9:18 AM   #15
Newport13

Race Count This Year: 2

Quote:
So if a guy on that list was going to run for BOSS points in 2018, he wouldn’t be allowed and would get zero points for the night?
Good question but I believe BOSS has a one race drop rule for their points runners.

1/7/18, 10:17 AM   #16
MIracing

Quote:
So if a guy on that list was going to run for BOSS points in 2018, he wouldn’t be allowed and would get zero points for the night?
I actually brought this question up on Twitter and the answer was they don't expect it to be a problem. Still think there would be a rule in place. Maybe Chris Gruley decides to run BOSS wing and non wing. Seems like they could state that anyone top 10 in BOSS points is exempt from the rule. Not my series though.

2 members like this post: beaner, Kydehart
1/7/18, 10:36 AM   #17
cshuman

Haha thanks buddy

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, GickSpeed, Kydehart, nathans1012
1/7/18, 10:58 AM   #18
Backitin

Personally I love the idea, I wouldn't expect it to be perfect for everyone. Kinda like the boss series being a step up class or as we would call it in speedway a Division 2 or support class. I say that with no disrespect at all to the boss series. In some ways the support class is more important, very few have the resources to run usac without the sponsorship which comes from either born into it (very popular) or working your way up to be noticed. Why would you want anything other then a sprintcar class being the support class if the goal was to have more guys involved in sprintcars.

4 members like this post: dirt330, mc/rider, midget39, nathans1012
1/7/18, 4:09 PM   #19
captrat

Actually have mixed thoughts about this. Great to see sprint cars as a support division at a premier open wheel race. My concern is that USAC needs to cultivate high interest, high paying events. This, at least in my opinion has the potential to dilute the what should be the the main emphasis of the event. Will reserve final judgement until after the event.

1/8/18, 8:37 AM   #20
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

I will tell you one thing it will keep the fans butts nailed down to there seats all night! Sprints on top of sprints on top of sprints not going to leave much time for going to your car or camper for a adult beverage let alone the bathroom! I for one think this is a great idea and I hope it works out fine! I've been going to this event since it's inception and its always delivered ! It's always my highlight of the race season! So go and enjoy yourself and just let the rest fall into place!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo smackdown addition