IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Video of Shane's accident
10/11/10, 9:06 PM   #11
Re: Video of Shane's accident
racefan20

Its Bill's board and if he doesnt want it here thats his decision to make and I agree with it. I'm sure if you want to see it bad enough you can google for it and find it. Personally I saw it with my own eyes and it scared the $hit out of me.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

10/11/10, 11:02 PM   #12
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Thanks to Bill for taking it down. I just can't understand why anyone would want to post a crash video. Racephoto1 expressed it perfectly.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, racephoto1
10/12/10, 6:22 AM   #13
EKracing

The idiot who posted it on the internet has no compassion for anyone involved in this incident. This guy is bad for open wheel racing and should be banned from every track in the country. I was about 100 yards from the crash when it happend and its nothing that should have been made available to watch. Of course now the news is showing it and its just bad for the sport of open wheel racing. The news should be showing the pass for the lead not this horrific crash that injured one of our heroes.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
10/12/10, 7:12 AM   #14
Charles Nungester

Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKracing View Post
The idiot who posted it on the internet has no compassion for anyone involved in this incident. This guy is bad for open wheel racing and should be banned from every track in the country. I was about 100 yards from the crash when it happend and its nothing that should have been made available to watch. Of course now the news is showing it and its just bad for the sport of open wheel racing. The news should be showing the pass for the lead not this horrific crash that injured one of our heroes.

Ah ********, Now there shouldn't be a fight over someone hurt But that man paid his dime same as everyone else. Chances are he was telling some friends about it and they said, I'd like to see. So he puts it on Youtube.

Theres hundreds and thousands of wrecks every year and all you all GO "WOW, He walked away from that?????" Theres fatal s and accidents were people were permanently marred. Some from this sites owners and mods who make a supplemental income from Thrills and spills.

Bad for racing? Id beg to say if accidents didn't happen there would be a lot less in the stands. I seem to remember a couple of these people calling Open-wheel racing safe today, While others state the obvious, What happens when the 14yr old gets hurt?

Bad for racing? No! A little too soon for certain. It would be respectful to hold it till at least the family says its ok and or Shane gets healed up. Bad for racing was the ones spreading false death rumors.

In fact it might be good for racing in the long run, It obviously showed how he hit and perhaps chassis builders and teams can do something to prevent this type of collapse (It wasn't your typical impact in any way)

Bill has his rules, Its from respect he don't want it here, At least till things are clearer. Its from respect he don't want injury updates except from very close family.

Respect Bills rules

Get well Shane, still prayin for ya!

10/12/10, 7:48 AM   #15
EKracing

If Shane jumped out waved to the crowd and walked away then we can post it anywhere. However, he did not. That is the issue here. I personally do not go to the races to see crashes. I would say that 99.9 percent of this board agrees with me that this crash was scary and should not have been posted.

4 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, racephoto1, SprintManDave
10/12/10, 8:08 AM   #16
Charles Nungester

Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
If Shane jumped out waved to the crowd and walked away then we can post it anywhere. However, he did not. That is the issue here. I personally do not go to the races to see crashes. I would say that 99.9 percent of this board agrees with me that this crash was scary and should not have been posted.
I don't go to see the wrecks either. Were in agreement it shouldn't be here but someone in the stands who just happened to film it.

Like others have said, You can walk right up to these drivers and chat with em, Its not indy or nascar and feel a friendship or at least know them a bit. I agree with you. Respect for Shane and his family should be shown.

10/12/10, 10:02 AM   #17

I respect Bill's decision on this. The one thing that I want to say, its video's like this that get people to take action. How many saftey features have been added to cars because of crash video's? Did I watch the wreck, yes I did. I did not watch to see carnage, I watched to see what malfunctioned. My 2nd thought was, what can be done to add strength to the roll cage. Maybe this does not need to be posted in the general forum, but it needs to be posted someplace that chasie builders can look at that wreck. Its one thing to look at a destoyed race car, but it is another to be able to see exactly how it happened. 1 thing to remember, we are watching low level racing. There are not several camera's watching everything that is going on on the track. The industry needs amature photographers to capture things like this for them to learn from. The 2nd thing everyone needs to remember, MOST people have no clue this board exisits.

10/12/10, 11:42 AM   #18
CTtoPA

Race Count Last Year: 4

Quote:
If Shane jumped out waved to the crowd and walked away then we can post it anywhere.
I didn't realize this was the rule? I also don't understand why people are so sensitive to a LINK to a video. Crashes happen. People get hurt. They even lose their lives. I'm not saying people should consider it acceptable, but it is a reality. I also don't understand how the passage of time makes posting the video OK. There was a video posted here of Bob Sweikert's fatal accident at Salem but I guess that's OK since it was 1956 and people aren't really affected by that anymore.
Posted via Mobile Device

10/12/10, 11:46 AM   #19
sprintsrule

one word......RESPECT

3 members like this post: badgerfan, dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge
10/12/10, 11:49 AM   #20
thebus79h

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767 View Post
I respect Bill's decision on this. The one thing that I want to say, its video's like this that get people to take action. How many saftey features have been added to cars because of crash video's? Did I watch the wreck, yes I did. I did not watch to see carnage, I watched to see what malfunctioned. My 2nd thought was, what can be done to add strength to the roll cage. Maybe this does not need to be posted in the general forum, but it needs to be posted someplace that chasie builders can look at that wreck. Its one thing to look at a destoyed race car, but it is another to be able to see exactly how it happened. 1 thing to remember, we are watching low level racing. There are not several camera's watching everything that is going on on the track. The industry needs amature photographers to capture things like this for them to learn from. The 2nd thing everyone needs to remember, MOST people have no clue this board exisits.
I saw the video as well, and it is one of those iconic things that will stay with me for a very long time, and probably forever. The problem with the whole improvement thing, is if that wreck would have happened with virtually any type of car, this would have been a very very bad accident. There isn't any way around it it seems, surely I'm no engineer, but I just don't see anything changing, or anything to the better. This was one of those once in a million types of hits, that if the car would have flipped on the first bicycle, it very well could have been he walked away with no injuries at all.

Me and my wife have prayed for Shane and his family every single day, and we both with him the best of luck, and I am very happy to see that his surgeries have been better than expected.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Video of Shane's accident