IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Danville ILL Sprint Week updates
6/9/10, 10:37 PM   #11
Re: Danville ILL Sprint Week updates
batch56

what is the rest of the feature line-up

6/9/10, 10:44 PM   #12
dirtsurfer

what was the finishing order for the feature

6/10/10, 12:03 AM   #13
Jerry Shaw

At first, it looked like it might not be a great race, because the racing surface was Gas City-esque, in that the the top was a hard place to make a living and almost everybody was just flying around the bottom. Stanbrough started on the top shelf and dropped back to fourth or so, from his front row starting position, before switching to top running in 3 and 4, while running the bottom in 1 and 2. This combo started to work, as he passed his way back up to second and began to reel in the leader. By the last half of the race, lapped traffic played a big factor, as the wiley veteran was able to use a back marker as a pick, to get around the young speedster late in the feature. After that, Windom made several good runs at the leader, only to see him use the lapped cars to his advantage, yet again. Turned out to be a real interesting race that went down to the last couple of laps, with the guy who led most of the race, not ending up the winner. So, you can't really ask for more than that. And even though they ran the sprint feature last, we still ended up out of there at a decent hour. I made a dash for the parking lot and was barely nipped at the line by ASQ, beating Merrillville Al by a car length, out of the fairground main entrance. Although I was thinking Al might put a slider on me, on the road leading out of the facility.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 6/10/10 at 1:00 AM.

3 members like this post: berks co, dirtnonwingfan, IndyBound
6/10/10, 12:13 AM   #14
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

congrats on the win Jon

6/10/10, 1:06 AM   #15
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by batch56 View Post
what is the rest of the feature line-up
Sorry, this is the best I can do. The announcer waited until most of the cars were on the track so I couldn't hear all that well and didn't have time to check everyone before the green. Finish in (parens). Nice drive by Casey Shuman - 10th to 3rd & Derek Myers - 14th to 7th

35 Hunter S.(5) 53 Stanbrough (1)
11 Windom (2) 34 A. J. Anderson (10)
23 Mitch Wissmiller (17) 56 Josh Spencer (14)
7 Critter Malone?(4) 2 Wayne Johnson? (8)
7X Korey Weyent (6) 4G Casey Shuman (3)
79 Blake Nimee (16) 21X Terry Babb (11)
14 Hud Cone (9) 25M Derek Myers (7)
22 Brett Triplett (15) 95 Tommy Rockwell (18)
71 Chad Branson (13) 17 Nick Bilbee (12)
7B Brian Olson (19) 72 Al Thomas (20)
Last edited by dirtnonwingfan; 6/10/10 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Add more info.

1 member likes this post: skids59
6/10/10, 1:22 AM   #16
richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan View Post
Sorry, this is the best I can do. The announcer waited until most of the cars were on the track so I couldn't hear all that well and didn't have time to check everyone before the green.

35 Hunter S. 53 Stanbrough
11 Windom 34 A. J. Anderson
23 Mitch Wissmiller 56 Josh Spencer
7 Critter Malone? 2 Wayne Johnson?
7X Korey Weyent 4G Casey Shuman
???? 21X Terry Babb
14 Hud Cone 25M Derek Myers
22 Brett Triplett 95 Tommy Rockwell
71 Chad Branson 17 Nick Bilbee
7B Brian Olson 72 Al Thomas
The ???? was 79 Blake Nimee

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

Good race between Stanbrough and Windom. Stanbrough manuevered through the lapped traffic just a little better than Windom did, and that was the difference. Thought Windom was going to get him back with a few laps to go coming out of four, but he got caught behind another lapper and Stanbrough took off for good. Congrats to Jon Stanbrough!

6/10/10, 5:34 AM   #17
Pitstooge

Hope the folks in the grandstand got a good view of all the action. It was a nasty dustbowl in the pits along the fence. The battle between Windom and Stanborough was fantastic!

Besides Al Thomas, does anyone know who else in the feature had a steel motor in their car?

6/10/10, 7:59 AM   #18
agar

Race Count Last Year: 14

Jerry
I don't know what you do for a living but you should be at least a free lance writer for racing publications you always print a great wrap up of the racing action and for that I say Thank You

1 member likes this post: billwill7
6/10/10, 8:23 AM   #19
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
At first, it looked like it might not be a great race, because the racing surface was Gas City-esque, in that the the top was a hard place to make a living and almost everybody was just flying around the bottom. Stanbrough started on the top shelf and dropped back to fourth or so, from his front row starting position, before switching to top running in 3 and 4, while running the bottom in 1 and 2. This combo started to work, as he passed his way back up to second and began to reel in the leader. By the last half of the race, lapped traffic played a big factor, as the wiley veteran was able to use a back marker as a pick, to get around the young speedster late in the feature. After that, Windom made several good runs at the leader, only to see him use the lapped cars to his advantage, yet again. Turned out to be a real interesting race that went down to the last couple of laps, with the guy who led most of the race, not ending up the winner. So, you can't really ask for more than that. And even though they ran the sprint feature last, we still ended up out of there at a decent hour. I made a dash for the parking lot and was barely nipped at the line by ASQ, beating Merrillville Al by a car length, out of the fairground main entrance. Although I was thinking Al might put a slider on me, on the road leading out of the facility.

Jerry
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

They did not run the sprints last, the crate lates ran last. And the only support class that had more than about 10 cars was the street stocks, so it's not like the support divisions drug this deal out. I know the Indiana folks lose an hour crossing that state line, but the sprint feature still got done at 10:30 ET.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: JEFFSTOY
6/10/10, 8:33 AM   #20
skids59

Anyone know where Hud or Derek Meyers finished?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Danville ILL Sprint Week updates