IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Sprintcarfanatic (Offline)
  #11 6/10/16 11:44 PM
Pretty darn good show. Cool to see Irwin win with Westfall 2nd, Hewitt came in at 3rd & Westerfeld got 4th.

Limaland & Waynesfield need to have this group come in more than they do.
7 Likes: Charles Nungester, DirtHawk92, fish, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, pushinthecushin, tirespinner
fish (Offline)
  #12 6/11/16 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by beaner:
Great to see the Michigan man do well and win over a big field. Heard Steve had some motor problems during USAC Midget week and dropped off the circuit early on as he had planned on running most of the shows.
A good night at the races.

Irwin said it is his first win in the state of Ohio.

Incite your heart to see beyond the view.
2 Likes: DirtHawk92, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #13 6/11/16 1:52 AM
Pardon my french, But that was a DAMN fine show in all three classes. Yes Irwin and Westfall pretty much hung out on the bottom but Hewitt and Hall were letting it all hang out. Hall from 20th to 5th, Even Goodnight looked very good.

I've enjoyed every BOSS show I've seen and tonight was no different!

Irwin jumped out front early and was followed by Westerfeld and Westfall in tow. Westfall got by Westerfeld quickly but Westerfeld hung close With about five laps to go in heavy traffic. Westefall caught Irwin and tried to go under him but a lapper hung him up and Irwin pulled away in the final couple circuits. The feature ran caution free and while the leaders were using the low groove. There were cars running all over the track and some hanging it out on the wall.

The Eldora Stocks put on a heck of a show, Tony Anderson and the number 7 car were side by side the first half of the race. Anderson running the low line which he would stay on to win. The 7 car many times was on the wall throwing rooster tails.

I didn't know many of the mods but at times they were three wide with four under a blanket for second thru fifth.

Had a great time. Cheeseburger and fries Five bucks.

People behind me were from Anderson IN, People beside me were from Piqua. Chatted a lot.
Seen Double Checkers for a quick minute during the break and seen Ilovedirtrackracing among a few others.

Watered track after hot laps and again after consi's, Stayed racy and dust free all night.

Thanks for a good night, Ready for Round Two at the BURG!

Forty Sprints, Thirty or so Mods and Twenty Two stocks and almost all the fans stayed for all three. IN the car at 10:30. Home at 12:30

Charles Nungester
5 Likes: DirtHawk92, i love dirt track racing, Newport13, PJ Wright, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #14 6/11/16 2:00 AM
One quick addition. Magic Man Mike Miller Who would surely be a front runner and contender tried to throw a slider under Dakota Jackson in Hot laps. Miller flipped about three to four times in turn three and was done for the night. Dustin Smith who usually runs most BOSS went out to eastern storm and was not in attendance.

Charles Nungester
Sprintcarfanatic (Offline)
  #15 6/11/16 8:44 AM
Another thing I liked is that they didn't even catch lapped traffic until late. Westfall got under & maybe into Irwin there in 1 & 2 & I think that was when Westfall & Jefferies got together coming out of 2 & Westfall wasn't lifting.

BTW, Welcome back Matt good to see ya in a sprint car.
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, Newport13, tirespinner