IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget or Sprint Week?
3/1/14, 11:17 AM   #11
Re: Midget or Sprint Week?
Stevensville Mike

This is like asking, "Blonde or brunette?".

5 members like this post: Blitzman, fish, racefan20, robert gatten, Task Force
3/1/14, 11:23 AM   #12
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

Yea but I prefer red heads. Now im confused .. Maybe I try to make it to both. Im verrrrrry fortunate my gorgeous red head likes racing !

4 members like this post: Blitzman, Puddin33, Stevensville Mike, Ty
3/1/14, 11:47 AM   #13
arctic monkey21

Honestly you really can't go wrong either way. Midget week offers the chance to see both kinds of cars which kind of makes it a better value in my opinion, but at the same time it doesn't go to either Terre Haute or Haubstadt. If you want to take in some other types of racing while you're here Eldora also runs some races either slight before midget week and during sprint week if you wish so that might also be a consideration. A grounds tour at IMS is also another nice little side trip if you haven't done it before and they only offer those on certain days.

3/1/14, 12:02 PM   #14
Tim Watson

Midget week hands down. You get both divisions with a few guys doing double duty. Temps might be a little cooler and the crowds a little smaller for midget week which i like. Depends how much time and money you have to spend. Midget week is consecutive nights and sprint week isn't. Also it depends where home is for when this is done. Midget week ends at Kokomo and sprint week ends at Haubstadt which might make your trip home shorter or farther. Being from Wisconsin i like ending all our race trips at Kokomo!

3/1/14, 5:23 PM   #15
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Both offer great racing. As others have mentioned, midget week gives you midgets and sprint cars. By adding Illinois midget week to your plans, you would receive the most bang for your buck. Great midget racing and sprint cars during Indiana Midget Week.

Sprint week has more followers and the time spent visiting with friends that many of us only see once a year is worth so much to us as well. How do you pick?

Solution! I believe that we will do both. Sorry, no help at all I know.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

2 members like this post: billw, rachasin
3/1/14, 5:38 PM   #16
brady

Qualifying at terre haute is somethin special

3/1/14, 5:51 PM   #17
Racing_is_life

Race Count Last Year: 73

Sprint Week by far!

3/1/14, 9:18 PM   #18
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

There is just something electric in the air for every Sprint Week race I've ever been to; which is a handful at different tracks.
It may just be me, but there is something about Lawrenceburg Speedway during Sprint Week.

3/2/14, 2:54 AM   #19
dubsak95

Bang for buck midget week. Nice to see the midget guys run sprints and sprint guys run midgets.
I prefer sprint week because it is very intense and on the track there are no friends the whole week.

3/2/14, 5:19 PM   #20
cmiracingvids

Midget week is the best kept secret in Indiana. It's like the 2 weeks combined. It's in June which can sometimes be cooler than the 100* days of July and sprint week. But agreed with everyone else, they're both awesome. I just see more of the racing I love with midget week.

1 member likes this post: Tim Watson
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget or Sprint Week?