IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > "Gold Crown Midget Nationals" Oct 6, 7 & 8
9/16/11, 10:57 PM   #11
Re: "Gold Crown Midget Nationals" Oct 6, 7 &
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

Does anyone know if they will run Sunday, in case of rain? I don't see anything on their web site.

9/17/11, 1:24 PM   #12
Jonr

Don't know, but it is a good question.

1 member likes this post: flyer
9/17/11, 3:52 PM   #13
coondog

Here is a promoter that put up great money for the feature. Then they listened to competitors and spread the purse out more for the preliminaries and the B mains, still paying out a great feature purse. If people don't support this race and then come on here and complain about this race, or midget racing in general, they don't truly care about midget racing. And I wont hold back how I feel if that post starts. Thank you in advanced to the
Gundakers for this event and to all that support it, in the pits and the
stands.

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by coondog; 9/17/11 at 4:27 PM.

9/17/11, 4:13 PM   #14
"Gold Crown Midget Nat'ls" Oct 6, 7 & 8!!...
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Say it like it is JCJr!!...saw ya,was hopin' for a comment just now!!...cause ya always say it upfront!!.....howya lookin' for Canyon & Ovals rides??...hope its in works 4ya!!.......

9/19/11, 8:21 AM   #15
Jonr

How do you spend your days while at the Gold Crown?

Last year, I did the Bud brewery, the Arch, and Fast Eddies.

http://fasteddiesbonair.com/fr_home.cfm

9/19/11, 11:37 AM   #16
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

If you like BBQ, it is hard to beat the 17th Street Bar & Grill at 1711 West Highway 50 in O'Fallon (exit 14 off I-64, then a short mile west. There is also a Sams, WalMart and some other stores on that exit.) Check out their web site at www.17thstreetbarbeque.com. Their awards list is too long to put on here. Check it out.

9/19/11, 11:49 AM   #17
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan View Post
If you like BBQ, it is hard to beat the 17th Street Bar & Grill at 1711 West Highway 50 in O'Fallon (exit 14 off I-64, then a short mile west. There is also a Sams, WalMart and some other stores on that exit.) Check out their web site at www.17thstreetbarbeque.com. Their awards list is too long to put on here. Check it out.
Went there last year, ribs were good but wasnt real big on their sauces. Going across the river to try Pappy's this year. Dont forget gas is MUCH cheaper on the Mo side of the river.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
Last edited by racefan20; 9/19/11 at 11:51 AM.

9/19/11, 12:03 PM   #18
miledirt

you are going to love Pappy's... expect to wait in a 30 minute line, best in town though

9/19/11, 12:40 PM   #19
zeromotorsports

My Rockabilly band may be playing Friday night
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: billwill7
9/19/11, 12:44 PM   #20
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan View Post
I took Frank's suggestion last year and dropped in at 17th Street for lunch on the way over to Granite City. The sauce wasn't exactly my cup of tea either, but I may have gotten the most perfectly smoked rack of ribs I've ever had. I think the guy that owns it has won the world championship of ribs three or four times, so that's not really a surprise. Another great place to get ribs, if you're heading over that way, from the east is Foxx's Den in Effingam. I stopped in there on the second day last year, because they were pictured on the "Food" sign before the exit on the I-70. I went in and asked the first waitress I saw how good their ribs were and she said "Sir, we smoke each rack of ribs no less than 14 hours." I almost hugged her when she said that. I knew I was in the right place and that place didn't disappoint. Plus, it's right off the exit (Seigel/Effingham, I think. Before you get to the main Effingham exits), at an exit that there's very little at, so you're on and off I-70 quickly. Another place, if you're coming from the west, is in Warrenton, Missouri, called Two Dudes Barbecue, which sits a half a mile or so South of I-70. They know what they're doing there, too and serve up a killer rack of ribs.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 9/19/11 at 3:12 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > "Gold Crown Midget Nationals" Oct 6, 7 & 8