IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Action track status
7/4/11, 12:33 AM   #171
Re: Action track status
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Oh now.... It couldn't have been that bad. Wow, those are some ugly photos and video.

2 members like this post: Dannypollock24, dirtnonwingfan
7/4/11, 12:33 AM   #172
dirttrackfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avon Open Wheel fan View Post
This is right on the money. There just is not enough time to fix this mess before sprint week. Moving it to Putnamville would be a smart and logical move. It would only cause more damage to have another show like they had today. I think it would at least show the fans that USAC is trying to do the right thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
Oh now.... It couldn't have been that bad. Wow, those are some ugly photos and video.
A picture is worth a thousand words!!! Vote Putnamville for sprint week!!!
; )
Posted via Mobile Device

7/4/11, 12:35 AM   #173
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
Bill,

As you can see, you can't see a thing.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

7/4/11, 12:37 AM   #174
TCreech31

lps IS MY VOTE ALSO

2 members like this post: Dannypollock24, mikeham73
7/4/11, 12:39 AM   #175
duel

I had a bad feeling it would end up like this. can't use calcium chloride is one reason not to run a day race on dirt in the midwest in the heat of the summer. glad i went to Toledo and watched some really good feature racing last night and didn't drive 300 more miles. Indiana sprint week should help heal the wounds. Kevin are you listening? i must be one of the others....

7/4/11, 12:40 AM   #176
sp6967

i say stick with terre haute ,we need atleast one 1/2 mile track for sprint week.

1 member likes this post: rdzsprint
7/4/11, 12:42 AM   #177
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
Bill,

As you can see, you can't see a thing.
I've been enjoying a day with family... so I guess I'm just like the rest of you... I didn't see a thing.

7/4/11, 12:43 AM   #178
ekohl23

[/COLOR]
A picture is worth a thousand words!!! Vote Putnamville for sprint week!!!
; )
Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOTE]

GET OVER IT!! Putnamville does not have a Sprint Week race this year. Some of you people need to get on with your lives instead of trying to push LPS for a Sprint Week show all the time.

5 members like this post: MWestfallfan54, rdzsprint, sp6967, SPRINTCAR, TWagner73
7/4/11, 1:10 AM   #179
racephoto1

Ekohl what's the beef with the Put ? A bad day there was better then anything I saw at THAT today.

1 member likes this post: Dannypollock24
7/4/11, 1:15 AM   #180
sceckert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Did anybody really think a 100 lap Silver Crown would work on a hot summer afternoon? That is why I did not go. I might be the only person who thinks this way, but I think the fair board wants the track to fail.Last year the track was better than the any of the 28 years I have been going, and the fair board did not renew the contract. That says a lot right there.
This has been my thinking exactly. First, on the race today: What experienced racing fan gave this arrangement even a thread of a chance to be anything other than a debacle? It's the 21st Century. Tracks have lights now as a result of NEEDING to race at night. This event was debcale-doomed from its conception. And that real estate is simply going to become something else in the near future. It is too valuable a tract of land in a high-commercial area. I expect the facility's failure is a welcome result to some in charge (and obviously tired of being in charge of such an enterprise)

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Action track status