IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midgets at Southern Illinois Center Feb 7th
2/2/15, 3:32 PM   #121
Re: Midgets at Southern Illinois Center Feb 7th
Steve Nace

We will have fuel for sale at the races this weekend.

Steve

2 members like this post: Avon Open Wheel fan, DAD
2/3/15, 12:41 PM   #122
DAD

Jay tells me there might be some push back about the cost of entry for Du Quoin. To this I replied to Jay, For some unknown reason race tracks with roofs over them seem to cost more to rent than those that do not have such amenities. It is nice to know that you won't drive 200 miles and get rained out. Maybe a Blizzard but not snow or rain out.

Last year I think we postponed twice>>> well ahead of the race dates for blizzards. This weekend looks great. Maybe we could move it next door to the "Magic Mile track"

Honest Dad himself

2/3/15, 1:23 PM   #123
Avon Open Wheel fan

For those teams wanting to arrive on Friday that are pitting indoors you may unload your car and Set up your pit from 4pm to 8pm.

www.illinimidgets.com

2/3/15, 1:33 PM   #124
7xCoop

Race Count This Year: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Jay

Steve has the race advertised as a Lightning Sprint Race at the DuQuoin Center.http://stevenaceracing.com/Mini%20Sprints.htm

With his permission we agreed to allow the stock block Midgets run with us also in hopes of a better car count. Promoters love car count to a degree. So hopefully the Mini Sprint Racers + the other Midget sized race cars should provide a car count and maybe help out the purse also. Mud if you have a Sidewinder bring it down they are on the card also.

This has been a great debate with very few threats of reprival the question is still in the air. What do we call a chain drive Motorcycle powered Midget framed race car. It is plain we share nothing with Sprint Cars and an awful lot with the Midget racer.

Why is Midget such a sacred name that it can not be divided into classes. We have 1/4 Midgets since changed to .25 Midget probably for PC reasons, they have many classes under this umbrella. We have 1/2 Midgets, I guess they are obsolete now, we have Micro Midgets they morphed into Jr. Sprints and now Mini Sprint each of these divisions having many sub divisions, we have 3/4 Midgets with variations all over the USA, we have Echo tec Midgets, Focus Midgets, and Kenyon Midgets. Then we have Mini Sprints who relinquished their name to the Micro Midgets racers and who performance wise probably have more in common with Midgets than any of the other classes named and they get stuck with a name like Lightning Sprint that has no resemblance what so ever to what they are. Talk about truth in advertising? and Politically Correct? How would you like to pay out your hard earned money to watch a Lightning Sprint Race and get to the race track only to find a bunch of Midgets.

Honest Dad himself
1/4 midget is QMA and .25 midget is USAC

1 member likes this post: DAD
2/3/15, 1:44 PM   #125
DAD

7x

So I would guess that QMA had some infighting and back biting going on and they left their back door open and USAC stepped right in. That brings about something called competition and should make things better.

These Jr. Sprints look like something very interesting to me, but I ran out of driver material and really can't afford any more.

Honest Dad himself

2/3/15, 2:57 PM   #126
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
7x

So I would guess that QMA had some infighting and back biting going on and they left their back door open and USAC stepped right in. That brings about something called competition and should make things better.

These Jr. Sprints look like something very interesting to me, but I ran out of driver material and really can't afford any more.

Honest Dad himself
Lookin for a midget driver?275lb,63 years old,all you have to do is feed me

1 member likes this post: DAD
2/3/15, 5:25 PM   #127
DAD

mc

Which leg did you plan on letting to drive?

Honest Dad himself

2/3/15, 9:40 PM   #128
apexin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE View Post
If you go back and read you will see that I said "Nearly" all of the people posting combined. Oddly, you didn't recognize the name and number of a guy who you've more than likely raced against numerous times over the past 43 years. Who is the "dense" one again?
I never said I was smart! Maybe I should apply with the Seahawks as an offensive coordinator : )
Last edited by apexin; 2/3/15 at 9:48 PM.

2/3/15, 11:40 PM   #129
red70racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Nace View Post
We will have fuel for sale at the races this weekend.

Steve
I assume methanol ?
Can you clarify?
Thanks

1 member likes this post: Avon Open Wheel fan
2/4/15, 12:28 AM   #130
Avon Open Wheel fan

Yes methanol.

www.illinimidgets.com

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midgets at Southern Illinois Center Feb 7th