IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
racefan20 (Offline)
  #111 7/17/11 2:04 AM
Anybody see the westbound I-70 backup on the way home? Probably started in the construction down by the 41 exit. Lasted all the way to the Brazil exit!

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
Al Pierce (Offline)
  #112 7/17/11 8:59 AM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
Anybody see the westbound I-70 backup on the way home? Probably started in the construction down by the 41 exit. Lasted all the way to the Brazil exit!
Nope. Went downtown to Poplar-SR46-US40-Brazil. No traffic downtown Terre Haute at that time of night. I think people have started their working life on that I-70 project and are now retired!
And to Sam Stockon...enjoyed our chat last night. Good luck to you and the 32 bunch the rest of the year!
2 Likes: jerrythar500
ThePurple73 (Offline)
  #113 7/17/11 10:27 AM
Great job of racing by Damion Gardner, looked like he was really consisitent and dealt well with the track conditions.
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #114 7/17/11 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
I-70 West was closed for 5 hours because a semi hauling cars caught fire and burned. One of the cars caught fire somehow and it spread to the others and the semi. It happened at mile marker 3, which is 4 miles West of the US 41 exit. It was opened back up after 11, but took hours to get back to normal due the everything backed up behind the construction zone.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
SteveD (Offline)
  #115 7/17/11 1:28 PM
Let's see, seventy one ISW drivers listed in point standing plus forty each racing at Kieth and Joes Sat. night....Just a second (have to take my shoes off) One hundred and fiftyone 410 sprint teams racing in Indiana during ISW. Are we in heaven yet.
5 Likes: 3wide, dirt330, mikeham73, Sprints!
Sprints! (Offline)
  #116 7/17/11 2:43 PM
Let the countdown begin!! Only 364 days left till Sprintmas!
rachasin (Offline)
  #117 7/17/11 8:18 PM
Don't take this wrong but late one night we come up with a new saying
''410 ****''
sorry if it offends anyone
Closed Thread