IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
wildman92 (Offline)
  #111 7/7/13 1:05 AM
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead:
why did they have a b-main/ I thought they were starting 68 cars in the feach (which would mean all 50 ott some?)

Posted via Mobile Device
It was a 68 lap feature. Not 68 cars in the feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jen Kelley (she/her)
ShaneMugavin57 (Offline)
  #112 7/7/13 1:23 AM
why did they have a b-main/ I thought they were starting 68 cars in the feach (which would mean all 50 ott some?)

Posted via Mobile Device
I will have whatever he is having.

Posted via Mobile Device
22 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, cowboyhar69, cwfan08, Dannypollock24, dirt330, Dirtfan, erich45, fish, jim goerge, JMA1181, JordanBlanton, Mattvp52, mikeham73, Mud Packer, PJ Wright, racephoto1, RacinBabe, ronmil, smith19, TNRustler, wildman92
PAW (Offline)
  #113 7/7/13 2:37 AM
2:36 were done!

Posted via Mobile Device

:99:: Wings Don't Move Air THEY SUCK
SP Motorsports (Offline)
  #114 7/7/13 2:48 AM
Back home and a recharged battery. Thanks for taking over Jen.

It was my first trip to paragon and it was.....interesting on many levels.

The racing was good, the flag man concerned me, and the announcer disapointed me.

Still, MUCH better than staying home.

Posted via Mobile Device
5 Likes: Charles Nungester, Dirtfan, FishBurger, jim goerge, Mud Packer
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #115 7/7/13 2:51 AM
The flagman may have been sleeping on the job, along with the announcer, but Chris Windom and Jon Stanbrough sure as hell weren't. Those two just went at it tooth and nail for the last 20 laps or so. It's Paragon, so you have long straightaways and tight turns and you got to see two of the best drag race down the straights, play chicken with one another entering turns 1 and 3 and throw their cars back into position to exit 2 and 4 very fast. Over and over and over again.

Short dominated the biggest part of the race, while Stanbrough was in second and wasn't catching the leader, but himself was being reeled in by Windom. It really seemed like that if Chris could get around Jon, we might be in for a real great race, but if not then maybe not, because it just didn't look like Jon had anything for Brady. Then there was a yellow, so they were back nose to tail. Brady got a great restart and had a good jump when they crossed the start-finish line. But Jon quickly closed when they got into the turns and challenged for the lead as the exited 2, but was not successful. But the next time they came around to that end of the track, he closed again and this time he took the lead. Brady hung tough for a few laps, but then Jon began to stretch out his lead. Just then, Brady had been caught by Chris and quickly lost that spot to him. It took several laps for Windom to close in on Stanbrough, but when he did it seemed inevitable that he would take the lead. But, time after time Jon fought him off and escaped. This went on for many laps. It wasn't until they reached lapped traffic that Chris was able to seize the lead. There was contact, but it's Paragon and that's the way it often happens there. Jon attempted to claim his lead back, but was blocked by lappers more than Chris and never got to seriously challenge for the lead again. And then, as they came out of turn 4 and headed for the checker, Kyle Cummins made a mad dash for Jon's second spot and damn near took it from him.

It might have been a bit of a bizarre evening, but it sure culminated a great feature. Especially the final throwdown between Windom and Stanbrough. It was definitely the best race I've seen so far this year. The Ol' One Arm Bandit was looking out for his race again, this year. And it was another one of them wee hours of the morning, Paragon classics.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
18 Likes: berks co, BigD, Charles Nungester, Dannypollock24, dusty tracks, FishBurger, flynnracing8, Hurryinhoosier, jim goerge, JON'S MOM, jwl, Pat O'Connor Fan, Pedaltime61x, racephoto1, ronmil, The Old Coyote, TNRustler, VSneader2
MIKE HEIMEL (Offline)
  #116 7/7/13 9:25 AM
After reading all the Paragon Posts I must say !! AND THEY SAY WOMEN ***** ALL THE TIME lol ! Wish I Had Seen Last Night At Paragon !! Keith Ford For President !!
2 Likes: fish, monkeyboy
mowerman (Offline)
  #117 7/7/13 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by LittleRube:
Neighborhood fireworks and DJ for us tonight

Posted via Mobile Device
We stayed and partied at LPS had great time , I'm with you Rube , We won't ever go back there either after what we we're called a couple years ago .
Jack Dupp (Offline)
  #118 7/7/13 10:53 AM
Watching Stanbrough's charge from 12th to the front was definitely worth the price of admission. Jon did everything humanly possible
to win this one for car owner Shane Wade (Chuck Amati's grandson) and Daryl Tate (Chuck and Daryl won a ton of races together).

Good luck in Indiana Sprint Week Jon, Daryl & Shane - Team 66!
5 Likes: dusty tracks, flynnracing8, Jerry Shaw, Team T
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #119 7/7/13 1:06 PM

Posted via Mobile Device
Tell us again Mr. Thunderhead, how big was that rock that you took to the head? Keep posting Johnny, keep posting......

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
5 Likes: flynnracing8, jim goerge, RacinBabe, ronmil, TQ29m
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #120 7/7/13 2:20 PM
Originally Posted by Jack Dupp:
Watching Stanbrough's charge from 12th to the front was definitely worth the price of admission. Jon did everything humanly possible
to win this one for car owner Shane Wade (Chuck Amati's grandson) and Daryl Tate (Chuck and Daryl won a ton of races together).

Good luck in Indiana Sprint Week Jon, Daryl & Shane - Team 66!
Somebody must have gotten some really great shots of Stanbrough last night. On so many of those laps, when he was exiting 2 and 4, that left front tire looked like it was a foot or more off of the ground.

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill