IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #101 6/3/18 9:21 PM
Working on Plan B makes the most sense.

The radio silence on the Indy date if it’s still on would not seem to make any sense at all.
addictedtodirt (Offline)
  #102 6/3/18 9:39 PM
Does not make sense to run such an iconic event on an untested track.
i love dirt track racing (Offline)
  #103 6/4/18 2:28 PM
Maybe that usac is waiting for the response from the usac plymouth show earlier this year. Lol. Thanks.
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #104 6/4/18 2:36 PM
Plymouth it will be on the 20th. Although poorly handled by USAC overall, I will give them credit for coming to a proper decision.
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #105 6/4/18 4:57 PM
Originally Posted by PushEm:
This was set in motion a very long time ago. I've known for a long time and with who will be running this track Boles will have no problems with it.
Soooo, this Plymouth decision is what you have known for some time?
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #106 6/4/18 8:15 PM
This is a bad deal for sure. I don't think the blame falls on USAC, as they put a lot of effort into this. It is a very good break for Plymouth, that doesn't effect me either way. I put in for vacation in January, and am going no matter where it is. I do feel bad for the people who have non refundable hotel rooms in Indy. Plymouth is about 2 hours from the north side of Indy. That is a lot of miles for some. As I said, I will be at Plymouth, and hopefully everything will be good.
5 Likes: PIT CART, PJ Wright, racer-x, tirespinner, wildman92
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #107 6/5/18 4:57 PM
I still think it is sad Gas City didn't get the nod. Logistically it made more sense. I seriously question a world where loyalty is not appreciated. Gas City went dark for Sprintweek and the Smackdown. They did not run against Bloomington's MidgetWeek date, instead choosing to be dark. I can remember when loyalty meant something, and I see less of it every day. Not just in racing, but everywhere. Hey I am sure there are plenty of people waiting to take my place if racing becomes like everything else, and I quit going. Nothing against Plymouth, but the decision baffles me. I can remember when this started all tracks went dark, except for their night. Every track promoted every show. Sadly what built the event is being whittled away.
11 Likes: addictedtodirt, bighd0522, Eatin Dirt, Josh Spencer, jzf9kh, luckybuc97, midnightrider, PIT CART, PJ Wright, Sandy Lowe, Will Shunk
PJ Wright (Online)
  #108 6/5/18 5:26 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Hey I am sure there are plenty of people waiting to take my place if racing becomes like everything else, and I quit going.
Have to disagree with that. If there were "plenty of people", the stands would always be full. I don't believe I've ever heard you sound even the slightest bit negative.

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #109 6/5/18 6:49 PM
I was being sarcastic. this sport needs everyone it can get. Especially young people.
2 Likes: luckybuc97
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #110 6/5/18 7:07 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
I Hey I am sure there are plenty of people waiting to take my place if racing becomes like everything else, and I quit going.
Who took my place??