IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
bigsby (Offline)
  #101 10/10/15 9:55 AM
Check their twitter feed. Joey Saldana, Dave Darland, Brady Bacon, Tracy Hines, and Bryan Clauson have all accepted. Stenhouse said he is working on a ride.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, sc17x, tubemaster
wildman92 (Offline)
  #102 10/10/15 10:13 AM
We are going because it's a race in December. We can't make DuQuoin this year so we were pretty stoked to see this race added. Every event has to start somewhere so instead of ripping it apart before it even starts, how about we say "thank you" to those responsible for organizing the event.

I'm sure you all will be asking for updates when the time comes....

Jen Kelley (she/her)
16 Likes: 767, BigBoost5.3Notch, billwill, bjr1655, bmemmer, BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, davidm, dirtfan24, Great Scott, jim goerge, monkeyboy, PAW, PIT CART, speed bump, tubemaster
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #103 10/10/15 10:19 AM
My only question was. I see the invites and some accepting going on, But I don't necessarily see drivers with regular rides or their own car. You invite 40 and only get 15 cars to show up, then what happens?

Not being negative. just honestly want to see it come off as advertised.

Charles Nungester
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #104 10/10/15 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
My only question was. I see the invites and some accepting going on, But I don't necessarily see drivers with regular rides or their own car. You invite 40 and only get 15 cars to show up, then what happens?

Not being negative. just honestly want to see it come off as advertised.
There will be no trouble getting 40 cars
2 Likes: fish, jim goerge
kundog (Offline)
  #105 10/10/15 11:15 AM
If drivers don't except invite or send entry with car owner info in by certain date they will move on to next driver till they have 40 confirmed cars
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #106 10/10/15 12:16 PM
MIDGET INVITATION
Alex Bright

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com
2 Likes: davidm, Ty
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #107 10/10/15 12:25 PM
This is in response to some of the questions about the size of the track. I attended the WNBA playoff game game last night and eyeballed the floor. For width, you have the basketball floor, sidelines which are perhaps 4-5 yards to the bleachers, and 7 rows of folding bleachers, each about a yard wide. I don't know how much room the folded bleachers take, but some I have seen don't take up much. This gives (very) roughly a basketball floor plus perhaps 8-10 yards per side. Lengthwise, you have a basketball floor and what looked like 10 yards or so on each end before you reach something stationary. This is very rough, but might give someone more familiar with indoor racing an idea.

Frank Daigh
jim goerge (Offline)
  #108 10/10/15 1:20 PM
Originally Posted by wildman92:
We are going because it's a race in December. We can't make DuQuoin this year so we were pretty stoked to see this race added. Every event has to start somewhere so instead of ripping it apart before it even starts, how about we say "thank you" to those responsible for organizing the event.

I'm sure you all will be asking for updates when the time comes....
Jen Very well put and spot on. That night if I want updates I'll turn around and ask ya.
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, davidm, i love dirt track racing, illinifan, wildman92
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #109 10/10/15 3:32 PM
I will definitely be in attendance, will be in for PRI, and what better way to finish out the weekend.

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #110 10/10/15 5:05 PM
NEW OUTLAW KART INVITATIONS
Jett Hays
Tommy Brown

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com