IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Updates from tri state!!!!
7/19/09, 3:55 AM   #91
Re: Updates from tri state!!!!
Midget82

Had to be the best race of Sprint Week. Truly epic battle. Watching Clauson run the way he did was just amazing, and Boat was coming too. Tri-State Speedway and USAC Sprint cars at its finest tonight!

If you missed it, you should be kicking yourself in the butt!

7/19/09, 9:26 AM   #92
65 Push Truck

Good time at TSS last night. Watching Clauson run down Levi was impressive, thought he had him a couple of times. Chad Boat has really impressed me lately. That kid can really drive, and oh BTW...was someones nitrous bottle leaking when Chad did his interview after the race???? Just kidding Chad, great run and good job all of ISW. Lastly it was nice to see Kyle Cummins pull to the pits to let the leaders battle out the last 8 or so laps, that was class pal. Can't wait for next year's ISW.

7/19/09, 10:48 AM   #93
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthman View Post
stanbro got spun on initial start, went to back, right rear went flat, went to work area, wrecker slow in gettin there, got jon to work area, field was ready, went green again
I would not say the wrecker was slow in getting there. Actually, where Jon stopped, the wrecker got there pretty quick. USAC just does not cut any slack and line-up was correct and they waved the green.

Track and race was fantastic as expected. Congrat to Levi on a spectacular performance.

7/19/09, 11:20 AM   #94
Hubie

The race at Tri City Speedway was epic!

and I agree that the whole dynamic of the "chase" changed when the start got muffed. But those are the breaks, eh? A great job by all the drivers, nobody got upside down at either Bloomington or Haubstadt. Some clean, fast racing.

anybody want to chip in on the speeding ticket I got in Vigo County?

7/19/09, 12:05 PM   #95
1967brad

what happend with ballou?

7/19/09, 12:39 PM   #96
Jerry Shaw

I mean what more could you ask for? The final race of Sprint Week. The two guys that had been the best, over that two week period, tied. At Haubstadt. On a 70 degree day.

First off, as always, Tommy and his crew hit it out of the park and set the stage perfectly, for these guys to settle the score. BC was bending his Maxim around the tires on both ends, in a way that looked to defy the laws of physics. Levi could seemingly make his go where ever want to go, when ever he wanted to. And, in the last half of the race especially, Chad Boat was just screaming around the top in a way that demonstrated just exactly what they call these things sprint cars. Another lap or two and he might have bested both of this series' top dogs. The bottom line is that this greatest series came down to the last lap. At the last race. On a perfect day. At perhaps the best little race track ever.

Now, going into this, I told several people that whoever won this would have to do so, by out-Levi'ing Levi. And Levi was in true form in this series, with not a single bad finish. Punctuated by grabbing the trophies at two of ISW's events, including the series finale, last night. This guy is and always will be champion, in the truest sense of the word. The Levi Jones-TSR combo is the gold standard in USAC Sprint racing. And has been for a while.

What an effort and testament to the character of Bryan Clauson this series turned out to be, as well. Not only in the way he competed in the top echelon every event. But also, by the way he got off of the canvas and came up swinging, after the couple of setbacks he had. The uncharacteristic poor finish at Terre Haute and having the cards stacked against him by Bland's early race blunder @ Haubstadt, would have finished many a competitor. Not this one. When you consider sprint and midget, dirt and pavement, there isn't a better all-around driver than BC. And Tim puts a better BC on the track, than anybody else has.

And lastly, Chad Boat. This youngster became a star in the last two weeks. There is a watershed event in most racers' careers. One that just, for one reason or another, just flips the switch and ignites things. IMO, the Bob Darland Memorial-Midget double feature wins will turn out to be that event for Chad. From that day forward, this guy and his dad (what an asset it is to have Billy Boat in your pit) will be a bear to have to compete with and beat.

How lucky I am to live right here in the middle of all of this and to have gotten to see all the races in this year's Indiana Midget Week and Indiana Sprint Week. 2009 is a great year, so far. If you're one of those people who insist the sky is falling and racing is dying, look me up at the track, sometime. I would love to debate against that perspective.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
7/19/09, 12:59 PM   #97
ked

Good night for TSR! Levi wins the feature and ISW over at TSS. Then Schatz wins the famed Kings Royal.

7/19/09, 2:02 PM   #98
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

Just got home from Haubstadt, one of the best races i've ever seen. Bryan drove the wheels off his car. Thats what sprint week and racing is all about. Good job to all the drivers and thanks for keeping us fans entertained for the last week and a half. Looking forward to next year allready.

7/19/09, 8:26 PM   #99
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget82 View Post
Had to be the best race of Sprint Week. Truly epic battle. Watching Clauson run the way he did was just amazing, and Boat was coming too. Tri-State Speedway and USAC Sprint cars at its finest tonight!

If you missed it, you should be kicking yourself in the butt!

I couldn't see Haubstadts racing so I can't say how great or not it was. SOunded awesome. Thursdays Kamp race was epic. Two and three wide all night.

LBurg with Clauson all over DD and DD just pulling another MPH or two out of it to stay ahead. BC said DD was cutting his line in Victory lane. I kinda thought that was a little whinny but looking on USACs highlight vids Out of two DD was comming down on him. To be honest, DDs driven the track like that everytime I've seen him here. It may have not been intentional as he was driving clean out of four everytime. It was just his marks.

Great job to all. Three teams SHINNED, Several had Moments in the Sun and All had a great time.

All seven races ran on their night and a Midget show to boot!

Chuck, wondering how we got thru this without all kinds of Usac bashing?????????? Most who were there left with jaws dropped and smiles on their faces

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
I would not say the wrecker was slow in getting there. Actually, where Jon stopped, the wrecker got there pretty quick. USAC just does not cut any slack and line-up was correct and they waved the green.

Track and race was fantastic as expected. Congrat to Levi on a spectacular performance.
The three races I attended they were consistant, If the lineup was correct and the one to go given. You did not restart.

Chuck

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Updates from tri state!!!!